[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby Nurator on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Cleared Phantom Citadel :)

I read something somewhere about it being the hardest dungeon right now, or was that curious? Finished it with in second try, the first one fell short a little bit at the end, because I didnt have enough black space in the main level...

The reward seems nice and the Blizzard level is funny :) Managed to get to the boss first try, but he had 285 damage and Retaliate Fireball oO
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:47 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:49 pm

Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:02 am

shade_of_ox

Postby The Avatar on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:05 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby shade_of_ox on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:50 am

Bug report: Riposte and DR don't really work well together if you have low damage.
http://prntscr.com/l6jby6
As you can see, I don't have Life Steal (and this Arbiter is Bloodless anyway) but I GAIN health from hitting him. The combat prediction is accurate here - I hit him after the screenshot. My previous hit on him was 1 damage, and I recovered 12 HP...
shade_of_ox

Postby The Avatar on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:07 am

The Avatar

Postby shade_of_ox on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:48 am

I was actually trying to tackle FF Curious with Rat, but I'm having some problems so I'll probably just switch over to something a little easier for now - even if I did clear it with the Rat, it would hardly be normal gameplay for me to give feedback on, after all... :lol:
shade_of_ox

Postby srid on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:58 am

srid

Postby shade_of_ox on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:19 am

Just found the most interesting subdungeon item to date - the Scrying Orb. I think this was actually in the base game at some point, wasn't it? Maybe the alpha? I wouldn't know, I never played the alpha.

This item makes every character into a Half-Dragon for the purposes of scouting, and makes the Half-Dragon a ridiculously powerful character that can conserve pretty much all blackspace he doesn't want to use. This is the first subdungeon item since Draining Blade that I'd seriously consider prepping for a serious run, because for a regen fighter or Half-Dragon it looks to be unbelievably strong.

I'm struggling a bit with Curious Flooded Foundry. I've gotten navigation down (and if you find PISORF or ENDISWAL you can save some Core Stones for the boss), and I can level fairly efficiently, but I'm having trouble finding a strategy to cover all the bosses.

Prototype 1 having more damage and health really hurts, because it means unless you're using magic to kill it, you end up losing 55 extra HP on the final form - and with each one dealing 105 damage from its attack, you want high resists. TT Reflexes isn't going to cut it because of the sheer amount of attacks you need to dodge, so the best bet seems to be a more tanky build. So magic is obviously the best call here - it has fairly low health and no resists, and spellcasting handles Unstable better than melee.

Prototype 3 has way too much health and resists for a caster approach to be effective. I actually did manage to kill him with a Codex Sorcerer of Jehora, using Chaos Avatar to strip resists a little - that run ended up at Lusory where he spawned a bunch of regular Golems with magic resists, which stopped me from hitting him. A little annoying, because if he spawned literally anything else I could have killed him in 4 fireballs easily...

I think I'm going to try a Gnome Bloodmage of Jehora -> Dracul. Probably will need to scum for ENDISWAL as I'll want corestones to kill the boss. May need to desecrate something like EM because I'll want CA for Prototype 3, at least 1 Boost Health and 1 Boost Mana, and enough piety for Dracul afterwards. Actually, PM might not be bad for Consensus either.
shade_of_ox

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons