[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Yes, Grimm's Grotto is notorious for unwinnable starting positions. So you should always prep something (better yet, multiple things) to deal with getting blocked in... JJ, Transmutation scroll, Slayer Wand, Binlor.

The L9 goat is definitely the correct choice... the NW path that's blocked by three monsters is short and blocked by monsters on the other side.

Elven Bloodmage prepped with MA and BURNDAYRAZ is a dream combo once you break out of the start.
Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:23 am

* Human Chemist on Hexx Ruins *

Felt super easy with the Zot in the preps... I could do it as an atheist easily, but OK, I went mono-GG to make it completely trivial. The first kill was L3... Balanced dagger was strictly conversion fodder.
AvovA17

Postby Bwrgarbl on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:43 pm

I went into EM near the end. Didn't bother making a single plant. I just used IMAWAL to take care of some revenants (which wasn't really necessary... +/- prep was giving me enough damage to easily deal with them), bought a bunch of the magic gear that was available, and went for Stheno. One big hit then started in on fireballs. Didn't need any mana refills... I got ridiculously lucky with the Dragon Soul.
Bwrgarbl

Postby Vemb on Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:59 pm

*Goatperson in Havendale Bridge*

Biggest danger for the map is:

I had to stretch my resources to get past that - my already somewhat strained resources since JJ was very uncooperative today.
Vemb

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:26 am

... and we have another one. :shock: :lol:
AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:39 am

Vemb

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Hehe, relatively few deaths on both goats. Wonafyt is goat's best friend.
Last edited by AvovA17 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:37 pm

AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:58 am

* Rat Monarch in Magma Mines *

Good preps today. Somehow I ended up with a little corroded but full hp Durr, and no blackspace left.
Still managed to kill him, and Hurr, and the main boss with some resources to spare. Not sure why there are so many deaths already. Good shop items too: spoon, blue bead.
AvovA17

Postby Xenagie on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:05 am

* Rat Monarch in Magma Mines*

I've been running a purist run of the daily before each D.E.R.P. both to rainbow dungeons and to remind me of the gimmick. I lost a Rat Monarch Magma Mines twice in a row, and ran out of time before work, and just had to wing it.

And luckily I survived. I was in a bit of a piety pinch from going GG and Body Pact, I could really only use a few of my potions. But money from the subdungeon and first two bosses meant I ended up with a fair amount of resources I could fall back on even after killing the Herp.
Xenagie

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons