Slime pit is really tough!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Slime pit is really tough!

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:37 pm

I started a new profile a month ago and just can't beat the slime pits with a monk.

On my first profile I didn't think I could beat the dungeon with any class, so I tried bloodmage won on first try and it completed the monk quest. now I want to win it fair and square (and not by accident) but, I am having extreme difficulties with this dungeon!

Any and all help is appreciated!

Ever since the venom sword nerf you can't take out level 7/8 meat men at level 1.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Slime pit is really tough!

Postby Darvin on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Yeah, this is a nasty quest now. In the current build, Monks basically have to worship Taurog to be effective, but since Taurog doesn't offer any physical resist bypass in the beta you cannot use him against the Wall of Goo.

The trisword is your obvious prep (venom sword won't help much anymore) and patches is probably your best bet. Patches can really be a life-saver if he stacks up enough bonuses at lower levels. Be sure to prepare fortitude and burn-cure potions, and hope you get the HALPMEH glyph.
Darvin

Re: Slime pit is really tough!

Postby The Avatar on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Just did it!
HALPMEH on meatmen 3-4 levels above. Took out level 4 as level 2, level 6 at level 3, level 8 at level 4, and level 9 at level 5. I used other monsters too of course but, I had no corrosion, lowered resist, or weakening when I won.

Super Meatman at level 6: used whupaz potion, venom sword, HALPMEH, regen tactics, and no potions.

Tower of goo at level 7: Fireball twice then hit to poison. Regen 6, fireball and poison again. Repeat this tactic until you have no tiles. I used all mana potions, my schaudenfaud potion, and used no hp potions. Human with trisword prepared.

I can always find the glyph I want like this (works for rogue CYDSTEPP too): Scout altar, magnet: fireball. Find mystera use fireballs to bring piety to 10 and glyph magnet. It is great for namtar and avatar and it got me my HALPMEH glyph at level 1.

Thanks a bunch!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons