[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Shifting sands

Shifting sands

All things Desktop Dungeons

Shifting sands

Postby GoatBot on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Discussion - Shifting sands
GoatBot

Re: Shifting sands

Postby FDru on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:25 pm

Crashes and more crashes.

The game is just unplayable after a certain point :(
FDru

Postby dislekcia on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:30 pm

dislekcia

Postby FDru on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:52 pm

The new dungeon (vanishing oasis?).

Wasn't anything particular, just very sluggish gameplay/slowdowns and eventually unity crashed my browser (Firefox).
FDru

Postby Darvin on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:31 am

Awww.... no new deity? I was hoping Jehora Jeheyu was gunna show up.

Also, I'm a bit surprised you had to decrease the difficulty of Rock Garden. Elf or Gnome Paladins can breeze through that place pretty easily, since it's almost entirely physical damage and the only mana burn is the stupid plants (which you can clear off the screen every time you're about to level up)
Darvin

Postby 232 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:51 am

Text bubbles are a nice improvement, but the style needs a bit of work to fit in with the rest of the scheme (you probably knew that bit). The new desert tileset looks awesome though.

Got a browser crash as well when I tried to leave the Oasis. Slowed down the next time I tried to play it, but it recovered shortly after.

And umm... your river algorithm may need some work...

Postby Darvin on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:11 am

Just played the oasis level... that's one way to discourage berserkers and dragonshields, I suppose. Really, though, a Berserker will still cleave through this guy without too much difficulty. It's monks that are going to get their asses handed to them... actually that'd make a good witch challenge.

Liked the shifting passages level, but this is NOT a hard difficulty mission, it's definitely normal. The only other issue I have is that the boss always uses physical attacks, making it pretty easy for my dragonshield paladin to just beat the living crap out of him (used BURNDAYRAZ to avoid touching him when he had the "lower resist" property). In terms of getting cut off, the level is actually much more forgiving than the Druid Grove. Just keep your focus on higher-level monsters to leave lots of low-level ones standing around and the level never really gets choked (GG with Absolution or Binlor would work great here, Tikki Tooki not so much).
Darvin

Postby q 3 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:54 am

Welcome back! To me, too, I suppose.

Love the new desert tileset. The changeling boss speech bubble was visually iffy - the yellow text on white background was particularly unreadable. I've also experienced a bit more slowdown than I remember, but not so much that I'm worried about it; probably just Firefox leaking memory, as it tends to do from time to time.

Both of the new dungeons seemed pretty easy; I cleared both on my first try. Granted, that was was with a Rogue and in both dungeons I was lucky to find both CYDSTEPP and Glowing Guardian, but on the other hand they were both non-serious "just seeing what's in there" Purist runs after several weeks away from the game that resulted in a bunch of stupid mistakes on my part. I haven't tried any of the old dungeons yet, though, so maybe this is just the new difficulty level?
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:30 pm

Hey Guys!

Just beat the two bosses too, both on my first try!

As for the oasis, this is definitely a normal level level, I easily beat it potionless and godless on my first try.

As for Shifting passages, I had a much harder time with my dragon shield paladin. Having terrible luck with monsters (two level 8 changelings, level 9 dragonspawn, and wraith, 3 level 7 wraiths) I was forced to fight Evolvia with at level 7 and I was mana burned. Barely won, I had to buy a mana potion. God choices were MA, Binlor, and TT. Found MA late game, so I went godless. You seem to have a better paladin formula because you breezed through with a paladin or, did I just have bad luck?

Also, would this be so easy if you didn't have the dragon shield? I suppose the problem is it is too easy to get the dragon shield. I suggest changing the first boss to a physical damage dealer standing on the steps so the berserker cannot breeze to the matron without using potions.

And 232, try rereading the description and then kill an enemy. This should fix your river problem.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby 232 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Last edited by 232 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons