[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Shifting sands

Shifting sands

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Shifting sands

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:46 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby 232 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:13 pm

No worries.

Definitely agree with buffing Eeblis. If you have enough HP to take one blow from him, you're already half-way to beating him. Alternatively the map itself should be made more difficult, but excluding completely unwinnable situations like my previous example, I'm not really sure how that would be feasible.

Oh, regarding the shifting passages, the Transmuter is another easy class for it, even without Rock Heart. Then again I suppose the Transmuter is geared towards these sorts of maps.
Last edited by 232 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:20 pm

It could easily be possible to beat him with every class. (Maybe not wizard, but easily with everything else!)

Also, I'm finding that I am usually getting cut off from about a fifth of the stage with just a tiny bit of water in between me and the 2 potions I can't get, or whatever else is in that section.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby 232 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:24 pm

I've noticed that too, it looks like killing an enemy will remove whatever river is in close proximity, which means that if there's an area with few enemies and many rivers you'll end up not being able to access whatever's there. Or even better, if enemies are evenly spread out, but all behind the rivers...

Still, I like how the new maps have turned out, these environmental challenges can be more interesting that some of the boss fights.

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:30 pm

Agreed on the dungeon effects/changes.

The first time I played slime pits I thought I was the most cool yet evil dungeon. The scripted effects make the game much more interesting.

4 classes to beating eeblis with everyone!

The Avatar

Postby FDru on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:08 pm

I had a wall spawn over a shop in the 2nd dungeon, that was annoying.

It might have been a shop I summoned with a shop scroll, though. Might want to be careful about that if you use them.

(Obviously I was able to get through them without any crashes this time, and I'm pretty sure it was a memory issue because I was running another program the previous times)
FDru

Postby Darvin on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:31 pm

I just beat the oasis with everyone!

Even wizard was easy.

Used taurog, had 100 piety when finished, but used potions instead of unstoppable furies.

I really don't know what the devs were thinking with this boss... It is just too easy, even with monk, wizard, and fighter.

The Avatar

Postby FDru on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Isn't it a normal dungeon?

Didn't they just reduce the difficulty of all normal and hard dungeons?
FDru

Postby Darvin on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Vanishing Oasis is listed as "hard", and it most certainly is not. I haven't played all the old levels yet, but honestly any normal dungeon where Bleaty spawns in as the boss will be way way harder than this.

The only tough part about Vanishing Oasis is that if you end up with a poor batch of glyphs you have no way to use your mana against the boss. Of course, he's weaker than most of the bosses you'll find in Double-Doom, so honestly taking him down without spellcasting or resistances shouldn't be too much of an issue.

They said they decreased the difficulty of some of the hard missions, but the ones I've played so far this version are unchanged (Creeplight Ruins,Havendale Bridge)
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons