Is it lost forever?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Is it lost forever?

Postby Surrie on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:29 am

I finally beat the quest to get the Piercing Wand, but my game crashed before I was able to save the item to a locker. Can I originally thought items you've found or earned would show up occasionally in shops, but for the past few hours, no luck. Can I seriously not get this item anymore, do I have to make a new game, or can I reset the quests or something?
Surrie

Re: Is it lost forever?

Postby dislekcia on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:38 pm

If the game crashed before it managed to save the quest completion, then yes you're going to have to do that quest again. If the quest is no longer in the list on the map screen, then the wand has a random chance of appearing in shops during future runs.

Sorry for the crash, can you explain what happened exactly?
dislekcia

Postby Surrie on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:15 pm

I actually found it shortly after my panic ^_^.

What happened was, after I okayed the quest completion pop up, he game froze. Eventually, I got some Unity Error crash screens, and had to close Firefox because I couldn't do anything. I had a few tabs up, one of them being youtube, so it's possible the spaz was from too much action.

Thank you for the clarifications ^_^.
Surrie

Postby dislekcia on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Glad you didn't lose the quest completely. We've had some problems with popup logic recently, that's going to be a big thing we look at next week during bugfixing...
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons