Desktop Dungeons erased content

Got a problem? Let us know!

Desktop Dungeons erased content

Postby Sunscorcher on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:38 am

Hello,

I am writing to this forum because I had unlocked almost everything there is to unlock in (the free version of) desktop dungeons. However, I started it up just a few minutes ago to find that almost all of my progress had been deleted. I had unlocked ranked play, as well as the gorgon and half-dragon classes, and the goblin and orc races, etc. And now all of my progress is gone. Only the berserker remains unlocked, for some reason that I cannot fathom.

And no, I did not switch to a different username (I checked that).

This game is fun enough that I would buy a paid version, but not now that I know it will spontaneously erase all of my progress.
Sunscorcher

Re: Desktop Dungeons erased content

Postby dislekcia on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Sorry to hear that, couple of quick questions: Which OS are you playing the alpha on and is there anything running on your machine that might have deleted your save files for any reason? (Backup software can do that, etc)

The full version is a complete rewrite, we're saving progress in a completely different way: Storing it both locally on your machine and on our servers/the cloud - so you'll be able play your same Kingdom from all sorts of different places. The alpha's storage is rather fragile in comparison.
dislekcia

Return to Support