[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Challenges...

Challenges...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Challenges...

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Maybe this is just me, but I don't think there are enough challenges for us extreme veterans who have completed everything and beaten every vicious dungeon. It might be because I am obsessed with this game, have too much free time, and am a perfectionist, but I find myself just writing up dungeon ideas and creating my own challenging quests. (Magma mines with a warmonger wizard)

I dunno, I just feel like there should be more challenging dungeons and quests like naga city or complicated tasks 6.

Perhaps another section of the map with 10 dungeons. (Gate to hell and the nine hells)

Or maybe, increased difficulty as an option.

And if you make more vicious/hard dungeons make them interesting and new, not just vicious forms of earlier dungeons.

(See http://www.qcfdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1265 for some of me and darvin's ideas.)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Challenges...

Postby q 3 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:51 am

Go for the Purist medal (no preparations) in every vicious dungeon. Should still be feasible everywhere except Naga City, for which no one has found a viable strategy (as far as I know). I'm hoping we eventually have medals tracked per dungeon, since getting every medal in a dungeon is IMO more impressive than beating it with every class (although obviously you can't get every medal on a single run, other than in the easiest of the easy dungeons).
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:22 am

Done in most. (Namtar, Matron, BlahBlah)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:47 am

The only vicious dungeons I have not seen confirmed purist runs for are Halls of Steel and Naga City. I don't like purist runs because they're incredibly luck-based. Preparations remove a lot of the luck factor by giving your weak level 1 character an assurance that they can start fighting the monsters they need to be fighting without exploring half the map for the right deity/item/glyph.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:03 am

I could not agree more, Darvin.

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:29 am

Heh, I prefer purist runs because preparations tend to make most of the dungeon predictable and boring. To each their own. :D

Indomitable goes down easy to a Transmuter with PISORF, or a Wizard if you're willing to scum for a Rock Heart shop (and some means of acquiring enough gold to buy it). I haven't tried more conventional methods against him lately, so perhaps that'll be my new challenge...
q 3

Postby dislekcia on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:58 pm

We've been kicking some ideas around difficulty back and forth recently. Dunno when we're going to get around to implementing them per-se, but I think you hardcore players will like the basic idea we're going with ;)
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:01 pm

Great news! I can't wait to ruin my productivity!

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:25 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:19 pm

I know, I know. I was just kidding. On the other hand I have a ton of free time so I don't really need to.

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons