Possible to revisit completed dungeons?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Possible to revisit completed dungeons?

Postby aquamarine on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 am

Hi,
Just started playing the beta and loving it so far. One thing that I am wondering though is it possible to go back and play some of the dungeons that I already beat?

They no longer show on the dungeon screen, but I only beat them with a single character and was hoping to go back and explore the sub-levels a little more.
aquamarine

Re: Possible to revisit completed dungeons?

Postby dislekcia on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:23 pm

The first few dungeons are still tutorial levels, so they disappear once you've gone through them. After that the dungeons you reveal are re-playable as much as you like :) Apart from the special purpose class/race tutorial dungeons, those go away too.
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Well... If people really care you could have a tutorial section of the explorers guild
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby aquamarine on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:04 pm

There are two reasons I asked, other than wanting to give the sub-levels another go.

One, even on those early dungeons there was a window that popped up when I moused over them showing what classes I used to complete the dungeon. This made me assume that I would be able to go back to them with other classes once I finished them the first time, so I was confused when they disappeared.

The second issue for me was right after the treasury was looted, I died a few times on the new dungeons. I was losing gold because I was buying preparations and it occurred to me that if I didn't beat one of the new dungeons soon I would run out of gold, barring me from bringing equipment into the dungeon and making them even tougher. Now I realize that I could exit the dungeon before I died to earn a little gold if it came down to it, but farming easier dungeons seems to be a faster way to earn gold. I guess the fact that the game told me I was leaving he tutorial section but still took those first few dungeons away for some reason left me a bit confused as to how the rest of the game would play out.
aquamarine

Return to Desktop Dungeons