Ideas for dungeons!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Ideas for dungeons!

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:42 pm

I have another one!

Actually this is more of a campaign... or another branch...

The Gates of Kalfar

Difficulty: Hard

Legends tell of the magical realm Alzakan home of the eternal demon Zal'Goturox. Zal'Goturox has been amassing an army of demons for the last 5000 millennia. Now he plans to unleash his army upon the world and destroy it. You must venture into the realm of Alzakan and slay the demon before he can end everything. First you must enter the realm, but this means passage through the spectral gates of Kalfar.

Special: all things here revive into specters instead of zombies. They have 100% death gaze, poison and mana burn.

Monsters: Cultist, Mummy (revives, weakening, corrosion, undead), Illusions, Unfathomable jelly (Resist 50 both, counter fireball, revives), Changelings, Spectral being (Revives, and either 50% magic res, mana burn, and purple naga (Yin yang) or 50% physical res, poison, and blue naga (Yin Yang)

Boss Form 1: Kalfar (Purple Naga)
"You wish to pass into Alzakan? No one passes through the gates of Kalfar as long as I am here!"
Vigilantly,
Kalfar, Spectral Guardian of Alzakan

Special: Magic resist 75%, mana burn
Hp: 500
Damage: 105
As strike what seems to be the killing blow, he sheds his skin to reveal himself completely fine!The battle isn't over yet earthling, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
Boss Form 2: Kalfar (Blue Naga)
Special: Physical resist 75%, poison
As you hit him he seems to falter, and begins shedding his skin. Before he can do so plunge a dagger deep into his head. His flesh falls away and you meet him in spectre form. NOOOO! I shall not fail! I have been here forever vigilantly guarding. I shall not fail now!
Boss form 3: Kalfar (Spectre)
Special: First strike, death gaze 100% starts at one hp, 50% res both
hp: 1000
"You destroy the last remnants of Kalfar and release his spirit to the nether. The Gates swing open... Alzakan awaits.

Tune in later for the rest!!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Part 2 has arrived!

The Citadel

After passing through the gates, you arrive in a realm of fire and brimstone. You make you way across the wasteland to Zal'Goturox's obsidian citadel. You must travel deep into the citadel to find his inner sanctum. Unfortunately, the Citadel is guarded by Zal'Goturox's strongest minions.

Special: Alluring means you can't damage it if your hp is below the percent. Determination means for every # of monsters with determination you kill they all gain a point, when thier points reach their number they gain a death protection.

Monsters: Rage Demon (Gorgon stats, berserk 50%, red bandit sprite), Lust demon (Bandit stats, alluring 50%, no idea for sprite), Pride Demon (Dragonkin stats, Determination 4, Golden animated armor), Greed Demon (Sorcerer stats, steals 3 small items when revealed, sorcerer with hand sticking out of cloak sprite) Gluttony Demon (meat man stats, fast regen, Bloated meat man sprite), Sloth Demon (Bandit hp, meat man attack, no exp, Sleeping bandit sprite)

Boss: The Green-eyed Monster (Green-eyed Rusalka sprite)
"Lucky mortal, you come from a realm of light. You cheated us! We deserved you land, and you ours. UNFAIR! I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE!"
Jealously,
The Green-eyed Monster

Special: Rage 50%, Determination 2, Steals 4 small items when revealed
Hp: 1000
Damage: 75
You knock the monster to the ground. "It should have been me slaying you! Why oh world, WHY! You don't even understand the blood on your hands do you. All of these demons you have slain were men before we tainted them. We'll taint you too, play on your faults to show your weakness and abuse it... You... cannot...stop us.... He falls to the ground, slain once and for all.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:31 pm

The Grand finale is here!!!!!!

The Inner Sanctum

Difficulty: Vicious

You have slain the green-eyed monster, but his words trouble you... could they be true? You have ventured in and there is no turning back now, you must either destroy evil or become evil. This is the true test of your strength!

Special: Off the main dungeon is a 7 part subdungeon to be described below. Things revive into specters (see above) not zombies

Monsters: All 6 demons (see above) and Cultists

Subdungeon 1: Rage
As you enter you see millions of dismembered bodies on the ground. In front of you stands Rage, his eyes blazing with unimaginable fury
Boss 1: Rage (Red minotaur with flames for eyes)
"FOOL! THOU SHOULD NOT HAVE DISTURBED ME! I AM RAGE, LORD OF FURY AND WRATH!!!
Special: Rage 100%
Hp: 300
Attack: 75
As you destroy the demon, and blood red essence floats from his corpse. Do you want to pick it up?

Item: essence of rage. Sends player berserk blow 50%

Subdungeon 2: Lust (Still no idea)
You descend to the next floor. Before you is an incredibly beautiful woman. You recognize her as lust, she beckons you with a tender hand.
Boss 2: Lust
We must not fight, come be my friend. You know you don't have to kill me... it could just be you and me, forever....
Special: Alluring 100%
"No! HoW cOuLd yOu?" Lust's corpse twists and transforms into a demon. Her pink essence floats from the demonic corpse. Do you want it?

Item: essence of lust. Enemies do half damage when you are under 25%

Subdungeon 3: Pride (Golden animated armor wearing a crown)
You climb ever lower. The next floor seems to be a castle. Before you is pride dressed in Kingly robes. A begging human lies at his feet. Pride kicks him aside.
Boss 3: Pride
"I do not deal with peasants like you!" Pride says to the other man, kicking him in the head. You watch in horror as the mans blood sprays across the ground. "I shall not rest till every little bit of scum is purged from the world. You shall be the next!"
Special: Death Protection (5)
Before you can kill Pride he says "You are like me, determined to wipe what we think scum is off the earth." His golden essence floats from his corpse, do you want it?

Item: essence of pride. Gain 2 death protections that are stackable.

Subdungeon 4: Greed
"As you climb down the stairs, you enter a room filled with gold. In a golden chair sits Greed, and as he looks at you he notices something shiny in your bag"
Boss 4: Greed (Normal Greed sprite with golden robe)
"Is that an item I see, or some gold by any chance? Give it here, NOW! Oh wait, I already have it." To your horror, you feel a gravitational pull taking your items away.
Special: You lose all your gold and potions, you only get your potions back.
You kill Greed and his gold vanishes. You see in his body a golden heart. It breaks releasing an essence of pure gold.

Item: essence of greed. Sells for 1000 gold.

Subdungeon 5: Gluttony
You go downwards yet again into a banquet hall. Feasting on the meal prepared lies Gluttony. "Come," he says "and indulge in the comfort of food!"
Boss 4: Gluttony (Bloated 4-square meat man)
"Will thou not accept my offer? Fine, I shall destroy thee!"
Special: Fast regen
Hp: 600
You beat gluttony's bloated body until it moves no more. From it comes an aromatic essence. Will you take it?

Item: essence of gluttony. Increase hp regeneration by 3

Subdungeon 6: Sloth
As you descend, yet again, you come into a dimly lit room. A snoring demon sleeps on the other side of the room.
Boss 6: Sloth (Sleeping thrall)
"Zzzzzz....
Special: slowed strike
Attack: 100
As you slay the sleeping demon, his star-shaped essence rises from the body. Do you want it?

Item: essence of sloth. 50% damage boost and slowed strike

Subdungeon 7: Zal'Goturox
You descend the last flight of stairs. The chamber is empty except for a large glowing pentagram in the middle of the room. Zal'Goturox stands in the middle of it.

"Ah! You have arrived! Unfortunately that doesn't matter. I shall taint you as I did the rest!" He thrown a blood red fireball at you. (If you have picked up any essences see text 2 if not see text 1)

Text 1: As the fireball envelops you a bright light surrounds you and the fireball is thrown back at Zal'Goturox. NO! Impossible! Then I shall just kill you myself!

Text 2: As the fireball envelops you you watch in horror as your skin turns to blood red scales. A voice echos in your head, You have done well my servant! You have given in to temptation and joined us demons! Something forces you to kneel at Zal'Goturox's feet. "Now we shall rule the world!" You must break the spell! With the last of your energy you pull out a blade and drive it into Zal'Goturox. The spell breaks. NO! Impossible! Then I shall just kill you myself! (You are poisoned, mana burned, gain 3 weakening, 6 corrosion, lose all essences, and are reduced to 1 hp)

Boss: Zal'Goturox (I dunno about the sprite, but make it cool)
No one has challenged me for eternity! I shall not be defeated moments before my success! I SHALL SHOW YOU TRUE POWER!
Special: None
Hp: 5000
Attack: 105
Nothing seems to be working on the demon. The Pentagram! With the last of your strength you drive your blade into the ground itself. Zal'Goturox lets out a scream of pain as his black essence is ripped form his demonic body. All that remains after his essence is gone is his horn.

Item: The Horn of Zal'Goturox. Adds an additional 2 hp and 1 base damage per level.

The Avatar

Postby jjflash on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:32 am

cool nice job great ideas ill come up with some myself :D
i...cannot...die...
regards,
The Indomitable
jjflash

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Here's another one!
The Workshop

Deep within the ice-capped mountains of the eastern tundra lies an ancient workshop which is home to The Artisan, the father of golemkind. His new plan is to create a superior race of golems that shall destroy all humans. The time has come for the greatest heroes of mankind to try to end The Artisans twisted dreams and free the world of this terror once and for all!

Special: Rusted means when the monsters health is below the percent it gains poison, mana burn, and corrosive. Spawns creates a clay golem (golems stats, no exp)

Monsters: Golem, Steel Golem, Iron Golem (50% physical resistance, berserk 25%, golem stats), Golem Builder (Spawns, golem stats), Rusted Golems (Rusted 25%, Resist all 10%, golem stats), Hyper Golem (Resist all 50%, berserk 10%, golem stats)

Upon entrance: "You dare disgrace me with your presence! Your flesh disgusts me! Soon only timeless, endless stone shall remain. I have already finished my creation of the true perfect race. Bow before him or become his first meal.

Boss 1: The Endless King
Come, being of flesh. I shall show you perfection!
Eternally,
The Endless King

Special: Resist 50% all, rusted 25%, berserk 50%, lower resists 5%
"NOOOO! All of my work, GONE! I shall torture you, make you feel all of the pain you have caused me! Here I take my last stand, in hopes that this pure race of stone shall destroy you all!!!"

Boss 2: The Artisan
Special: Blinks, Knockback 200%, Berserk 100%

You beat him to the ground. "Why?" He rasps, coughing up blood. "All I ever wanted was a perfect world, but you have smashed even that dream like a block of stone. You humans live to destroy, but all I ever did was create. When I created the first golem, all they were supposed to do was serve. It talked to me, showed me things, twisted my mind. I was only the beginning. He plans to taint all. Galex-Dues-Naataln, do not forget his name. Please, carry out my revenge..." He coughs out one last pool of blood and collapses to the ground, slain.

The Avatar

Postby jjflash on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:49 am

is there a way you could have fans working together to create o dungeon maker?
i...cannot...die...
regards,
The Indomitable
jjflash

Postby jjflash on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:51 am

cool dungeon "the avatar"
ohh and this is bocaj
my name backwards
i...cannot...die...
regards,
The Indomitable
jjflash

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:06 am

The sequel has arrived!

The Endless Caverns

The Artisans last wish rings clear to you, find and destroy Galex-Dues-Naataln. Your kingdom has sent out its best spies and the findings were rather curious. It seems that the golem has been hiding in a network of seemingly endless caverns. Upon his discovery, Galex issued a challenge to the kingdom. "Send your strongest heroes if you want, but you cannot destroy me! I shall twist them against you, break your will. Mankind shall fall and Golems shall rule with an iron fist!" Being incredibly proud, you have no choice but to accept this challenge...

Special: Mindless means that there is a 75% chance it will not attack. Enslaved means when its hp is below the percent you one shot K.O. it. Twisted means it changes between lower resist 5%, Death gaze 75%, berserk 50%, and Mana burn+poisonous+corrosion+weakening.

Monsters: Mind twisters (Meat men stats, blink, mana burn), Body Wreckers (Gorgon Stats, Berserk 75%, poisonous), Twisted Beings (Meat man Hp, Gorgon Damage, Enslaved 25%), Eternal Ones (Animated armor stats, 1 death protection per level, lower resist 3%), Mindless Horrors (Corrosive, Weakening, Meat man stats, Mindless), Broken Stones (Golem Stats, rusted [see above], lower resists 3%)

Boss: Galex-Deus-Naataln
You have come at last! I shall twist you like the rest of them!
Finally,
Galex-Deus-Naataln, The Broken One

Special: Twisted
Hp: 2000
"Finally I have been defeated! I thank thee, Hero. I was made from the purest of stones, so I should have been a perfect golem. Unbeknownst to them, the rock had one tiny flaw deep within it. Perfection was expected of me, but perfection I did not have. I strove for perfection and tried to fix the flaw in my early years, but then I realized I could not be changed. I strove for perfection where it could not be found and it twisted me, broke whatever good there once was. I never lost sight of the goal though. Because of my brokenness I came to need to break everything else, make them equal to me, just as faulty. I tried to make a world where I was perfect, but perfection is impossible. By the time I had reached this realization it was too late, the damage had been done. Well, I shall rest well knowing that the world is in better hands than my own.... Death, my release from this world, I welcome thee..." The colossal golem collapses into a heap, defeated at last.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Yet another! (Man I have too much free time!)
Bloodhorn Valley

On the southern edge of the world, beyond the swampy wastelands, lies the legendary Bloodhorn Valley. Rumors claim that this secluded area shelters a gate to Jael-Yangar, the Obsidian dimension. Lately, large masses of monsters have been surging from this area. You must stop the oncoming stream!

Special: Explosive means that when you kill it it deals damage equal to its remaining hp. Mirror reflects how ever much percent of your damage.

Monsters: Bloody Ooze (Explosive, Bandit stats), Bloodghasts (Undead, Life steal 50%, poisonous, Snake stats, red wraith sprite), Obsidian Golems (Bandit hp, Mirror 50%, 0 damage), Vampire, Shades, Bloodlord (Bandit stats, 80% lifesteal)

Boss: The Ghost of Bloody Past (Bloodghast boss)
Ahhh, blood. What a wonderful flavor... I don't suppose you mind if I drank it from your dead corpse!
Hungrily,
The Ghost of Bloody Past

Special: Lifesteal 90%, poisonous, corrosive
Hp: 600
Damage: 80

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Another follow up.

The Gray Lands

Despite your best attempts, the onslaught of monsters surging from Jael-Yangar in ceaseless. They have advanced out of Bloodhorn Valley and are making there way up the small strip of land, known as The Grey Lands, that lies between the southern swamp and eastern tundra. They march on your kingdom this very moment, you must stop them!

Monsters: Grey Ones (Blink, dodge 30%, berserk 50%, and gorgon stats), Bloodghasts (see above), Obsidian Golems (see above), Gargoyle (50% physical resist, 50% death gaze), Shades, Burn Vipers

Boss: The Mirror of Pain
"Hit me with your best shot... or not. All you do to me I do to you baby! You cannot touch this!
Reflectively,
The Mirror of Pain

Special: mirror 100%
Hp: 900
Damage: 1
Last edited by The Avatar on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons