[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Holy War

Holy War

All things Desktop Dungeons

Holy War

Postby GoatBot on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Discussion - Holy War
GoatBot

Re: Holy War

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:16 pm

NOOO! Can't play for awhile!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Zaratustra on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:44 am

Welp, gotta use new Paladin as much as possible before someone figures out a broken strategy for him and the new ability gets removed.
Zaratustra

Postby Gorgon on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:01 am

Here is what I found out:
-New class can only join you when you get a certain quantity of piety
-New awesome god!
Gorgon

Postby q 3 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:17 am

Interesting change to Paladins - although I'm guessing they're going to end up scumming for Dracul or GG in just about every dungeon, now. No more penalty for HALPMEH/CYDSTEPP/potions/low-level-kills? There goes the primary reason to convert away from those two in the first place! Not to mention that Mystera/Binlor/Taurog are even more useless for Paladins now that they can't be used as piety farms.

The service log still shows the penalty whenever you do something forbidden, although the piety is not actually deducted.

Wizards are probably the biggest beneficiary of the new inventory change - having more physical slots is, I think, even better than having glyphs take up small slots. Actually, trading that +5 mana refresh for more glyph storage is probably a net loss; an extra fireball was one of the best ways for a Wizard to get bonus experience in most dungeons, and in my experience at least it's rarely worth having more than three glyphs at a time.

It seems necessary to beat a random dungeon to unlock each of the successive bank/bazaar quests.

Combat prediction is still showing "victory" rather than "protected" when you have lifesteal and will kill the monster, but use up your death protection in the process.

Like the new hotkeys, especially handy for Wizards since small items didn't have default hotkeys.
q 3

Postby Watcher487 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:27 am

I just noticed that Warlords are not getting CYDSTEPP, unless I'm missing something...
Watcher487

Postby Phlebas on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:46 am

My warlords aren't starting with cydstep, and but they appear to be doing some sort of sorceror magic shield effect.
Phlebas

Postby Darvin on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:12 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:37 am

Anyone care to enlighten me of where/how I find the new class and god?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:53 am

I found Jehora Jeheyu in the Shifting Passages. Seems his mana boon is bugged, though; it takes ALL your mana potions instead of just one.

Jehora seems to be mostly worthwhile for Gnomes, Halflings, and Rogues. The piety cost of his boons are too steep for most other classes to really care, and randomly hitting you with weakening and corrosion is a real deal-killer.
Last edited by Darvin on Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons