[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Improving and Changing Gods!

Improving and Changing Gods!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Improving and Changing Gods!

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:08 pm

I don't no about everybody else, but I think these 3 are by far the worst 3 gods, and to top it off, their desecration penalties are awful (Except Binlor in some cases). These 3 really need to be buffed. Any suggestions. Also, Tikki Tooki's desecration should only give weakening, because with weakening and first strike it might as well just kill you automatically. Any ideas for buffing them?
Last edited by The Avatar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Taurog, Binlor, and Tiki Tooki

Postby Darvin on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:03 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:14 am

They need to make mana just not give resistance to physical!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby FDru on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:25 am

Desecration penalties don't mean anything to me. I've desecrated all the gods altars in times of need and won because of it. Maybe some are too harsh, but only in comparison to others.

Perhaps weak desecration penalties need to be buffed, because it should never be a decision that is taken lightly.
FDru

Postby Darvin on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:08 am

Darvin

Postby subanark on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:27 am

My thoughts:
Taurog - Yea this penality is a bit unforgiving. It really should punish magic usage (since that is the only thing he cares about). Maybe reduce your max MP by 2 or something. I can see a hybrid magic/physical taking Taurog though, as it if you use magic sparingly you can still avoid punishment. And if all you really want is a bit of resist this maybe the right choice.
TT - I really think the penalty here is fine. Later in the game a few weakness is manageable. TT's problem is there isn't any way for low level characters to gain piety. So taking him at a low level is almost always a mistake. He should grant initial piety based on your money, and reward piety for picking up money/power ups/potions. This way if you take him later on you lose all that piety that you could have gained from having you initial money and all those powerups you gained. As for his potions, they either need to be buffed or remove the potion trade in requirement:
Potion of life draining: Your next attack drains 100% of the damage you do (you can go up to 150% of your max HP).
Potion of penetration: Your next attack reduces the resistances of your opponent by 20%.
GG: Punishment should removing the large item highest in your invintory, or all your small items if you have no large items (with a message that GG has forgiven your transgression if you have no items).
Mystera: Punishement - Increases resistances to magic users, converting items only rewards 1/2 conversion points. Magic boon grants MP, but corrodes (and weakens?) you.
Drac: Punishment - All enemies gain life steal. Paying life should reward less and less piety each time.
subanark

Postby Darvin on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:35 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:24 am

I think the real problem with Drac and Blood Tithe is not as much blood ages and wizards, but CYDSTEPPers. How about his punishment also destroys holy glyphs? Also, I like the idea of gaining corrosion when you use the magic boon! I think Mystera should only give physical resistance for magic and desecration, and weakening boon costs 50 piety, increasing by 10 each time, and it removes all resist allocated by mystera.

The Avatar

Postby 232 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:29 am

Postby Darvin on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:38 am

Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons