Dragon Isles not that Vicous

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Dragon Isles not that Vicous

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:18 pm

Halfling Berserker, save a couple hp potions for the dragon elites, but use all the rest immediately for extra damage. Take taurog asap and tri-sword. Regen fight boss one. Whupaz regen and unstoppable fury boss 2
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:51 pm

The Avatar: You ever tried Dragon Isle with a Monk now that Tri-Sword has bee nerfed? I wonder if you still think Monks are a usuable class.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:16 pm

I beat it with a monk without using potions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by The Avatar on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:25 pm

So Monks aren't total crap now? ;)
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:35 pm

I haven't tried it with the new tri-sword, but with the old tri-sword I had to save half the map for the boss. Funny thing is I didn't even use a whupaz potion.

The problem with the new monks is you need to use humans for the -%. I think you should simply remove the -% or lower it considerably, because even without it -2 base damage is crippling with the new tri-sword.

The Avatar

Postby GG Crono on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:08 am

I don't have whupaz potions unlocked. Still can't beat Complicated Tasks 5. Bah.
GG Crono

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:37 am

Well even without Whupaz Halfling berserker should do the trick. Just regen fight boss 1, then use your few saved potions on the elites, and last regen fight and unstoppable fury the Matron.

The Avatar

Postby GG Crono on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:28 pm

I feel like a total n00b saying this, but, how do you mean, regen fight?
GG Crono

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Okay the first boss does 36 (half of 75). You do 105. Hit him as much as you can and then regenerate till you can tank another shot. Assuming this is 4 tiles (5 maybe) he heals 40. You hit him for 105 and deal a net damage of 65. Repeat this technique till he dies. Save 4 potions for the dragon elites, and with enough regeneration, piety, and 2 altars you can desecrate--50 piety for another unstoppable fury--you should be able to pull it off. Also, with the new elite items added if you bring an orb of Zot with you berserker camp is a breeze. (Orb lowers max hp so he can't regen until he's halfway down and it lowers his berserk %)

The Avatar

Postby Lagmalix on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi,
I need some help with this quest. Wrote a new thread about it but it's been almost 24 hours and it still hasnt been approved. So, in the meantime, could some kind soul give me a few tips how to beat it with 3 classes, including races/prep and what gods to look for? I have unlocked most of the game content by now, had no problems with any dungeon so far, this is my first vicous one.
Lagmalix

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons