[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Item blacklist

Item blacklist

All things Desktop Dungeons

Item blacklist

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Many of the quests have rewards that actually feel like penalties. Some items are so marginal or specialized that I don't want them appearing in the shops, and I feel like I'm being punished for unlocking them. The Complicated Tasks quest tree is a very good example. It's an excruciatingly hard set of quests that unlocks some great potions, but also clutters the shop inventory with dross like fortitude potions and burn salves (decent items as preparations, horrible alternatives to health and mana potions when in the middle of a dungeon). I know that I've been avoiding some quests in my game so I don't get 'rewarded' with an item that I will never actually want.

Could there be a way to blacklist unlockable items from the bazaar, maybe as a high level bazaar power? I'd rather it not be a preparation, since that would make it seem like a penalty again.

Thoughts?
Sidestepper

Re: Item blacklist

Postby Alweth on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:14 pm

I like this idea. Especially making it a building power, since that gives you another thing to work for while also not letting you use it immediately. I think if it is a high-level building power, it should only unlock after you've unlocked all the items that it would effect, except maybe the few hardest and latest to get.

Another, option, of course, would be to increase shops based on the number of items being sold, and allocate a certain number of shops for each of several item categories. So a certain number of shops would be health or mana potions, a certain number would be niche potions, etc.

A third option would be to make those niche item less niche and those bad items better. Easier said than done, obviously, but it is probably worth doing in any case.
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:26 pm

Here's an idea, make Bazaar go to level 4, and then the new power is like an anti-locker. Buy it locker it and it won't appear in shops. Since we want both bank and bazaar to be the same level you can add a bank 4 quest too! The new bank prep would give 35 gold and double the number of gold piles. Bank quest 4 would need you to get unstoppable in goblin mines "to get goblins to dig tunnels to put more gold in the dungeons." Bazaar Quest 4 would need you to fill all of you slots with big items. You could put any or all of them in Black List, they would be "thrown back into Bezar's Dimension".
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:35 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:00 am

I agree on all accounts gjaustin! Make them better, but if you really don't want them to spawn anyways (narrowing down for those vicious runs) you should be able to blacklist.

Oh yeah, the reason they want you to come out with there stuff is as an add showing off their awesome products; Raising sales across the board.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons