Wiki?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Wiki?

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:11 pm

I don't know about everybody else, but it seems people seem to keep asking how to beat this or that, how to get this item, how to unlock this god, what gods like and dislike, and just general strategy tips. I have absolutely no experience with starting a wiki, but it's a cool concept and I think us DD fans should make one. Does anyone know how to start a wiki? Does anyone want a wiki? Does anyone have any experience with making wiki pages? If we decide to make one I would love to help!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Wiki?

Postby sweetgab on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:20 pm

There's a wiki for the non-web PC version (0.2 I believe), which is quite different from the web (official) version, and it's quite complete. I'd love to see a wiki for the official version too.
sweetgab

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:31 pm

I know about the old one, but it is so outdated it is useless.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:49 pm

I'd love to see strategy articles for the harder dungeons collated into one place. I leaned on the Trisword and Dragonshield heavily, and really want to hear about alternatives.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:22 pm

I think we need a page for each dungeon, I mean, why not?

At least I have that kind of time.

The Avatar

Postby Zaratustra on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:28 pm

At the very least, the wiki needs an admin. It's completely clogged with spam.

The wiki could be redone in the same way of the Dwarf Fortress wiki - have pages for the free and the paid version.
Zaratustra

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Good idea, Zaratustra! Combining them would work!

The Avatar

Postby Halion on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:04 am

I'm sure a wiki will eventuate, but at the moment, balance changes would cause the wiki to be constantly out of date, especially in regards to strategy.

Working on the wiki will be a great task for the community once the testing is done and the game goes live.
Halion

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:05 am

I know, it's just I'm kind of bored out of mind and have nothing to do...

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:47 pm

If anyone wants promotion to admin on the existing DD wiki in order to add in info for the beta version as it stands, just PM me with your wiki account info :)
dislekcia

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons