[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Racial Building Levels

Racial Building Levels

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Racial Building Levels

Postby Lujo on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:29 am

Concerning my extra racial locker space idea, i'd say it'd just be locker space for a specific item (that can be quested for in begginer or "complete dungeon with x numbre or y race adventurers"), and would just be perma lockered there but would exclude the use of the guild (so you can't get a dude with 2 or 3 lockered items prepared). Just that, perma slots for generic equipment at lvl 2, and quest relics at lvl 3 (wich people don't really want to dig for every time they need them).

It would add a lot of slots sure, but the items that fit in those slots can be predetermined and for lvl2 - utility or mundane (possibly all new, but stuff like gloves of midas or whatever), and the lvl3 slots could be predetermined to hold artifacts (which people are clamouring for to have their own free slots anyway). You can even take the lvl2 items out of shops, or make them simply building preps. Lots of ideas to explore, in additon to cosmetics like female portraits...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:00 am

Good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Interesting ideas here...

Note that we're planning to have female versions of pretty much everything, with no difference between the two except for appearance.
dislekcia

Postby Halion on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Halion

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Good news dislekcia!!!!!!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby JonahHollow on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:17 pm

It's funny how I was about to post that I don't think making females have stat differences would be a good idea. Interesting, but not conventional is the word?
JonahHollow

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Definitely no stat difference, because you shouldn't be forced to pick either gender.

The Avatar

Postby JonahHollow on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:08 am

I'd rather have it as a little ticker somewhere, that just changes all the classes to females, and if you set it off it changes them back to male. Having male and female random would bother some players, just cause of the aesthetics, and mindset of playing as a "girl". I know my lady friend would rather play as "girl" character, than a boy one, regardless that they perform the same.
JonahHollow

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:58 am

I'm pretty sure that's how it was going to be. Next to the male race portraits you have the female ones.

The Avatar

Postby Alweth on Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons