[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Ask QCF a question

Ask QCF a question

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Ask QCF a question

Postby TheLogan on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 pm

already preparing the rope ;)
Kidding, people are usually quite supportive =)
TheLogan

Postby bkteer on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:00 pm

bkteer

Postby shteev on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:19 pm

Hiya!
The design of Desktop Dungeons is a truly beautiful thing <3

Couple of questions:

What's the deal with carrying over total gold from the last game? We all just do a couple of dummy runs to gain cash before a proper run, don't we? A mechanical and rather tedious task, I feel! I mean, the Factory is pretty hard, and you *need* that cash, right? Or, maybe other players who are better than me don't need the cash, and they can make do with starting with 10-25 cash, in which case... why make magic items which cost 120? Please don't tell me that this 'exploit' is supposed to be kept in check by 'gentlemanly play' or 'house rules', I'll be so disappointed!

Also... any chance that the Gauntlet can have different levels for each different character? Or is that not something people would want? Personally I don't really want to find that I destroy the Gauntlet with the powerful X class, and then find I have no viable challenge left in the game with the less powerful Y class. (I do appreciate that the structure of the Gauntlet may change or disappear in full version, but if it's there, can it work like this plz??)
shteev

Postby zeemeerman2 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi there,

I just discovered the wonderous world of Minecraft (I'm a late-bloomer, aren't I?) (no really, I knew about it, but now gave it a go and fell in love with it)
Is there any chance we'll see a mixup of Desktop Dungeons and Minecraft?
Playing a Desktop Dungeons mod in Minecraft, using the ENDISWALL glyph instead of a pickaxe in Minecraft, using redstone traps in Desktop Dungeons, able to play on the Peaceful setting in Desktop Dungeons, ...

Just kidding, but only half. Any chance of mixing things up a bit?

Lastly, a nonMinecraftian quesion:
Will we see any further content patches after the game release?
zeemeerman2

Postby Wolff on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:10 pm

^^Someone doesn't understand what goes into making a game.

*goes home and whips up a clone of DD including RTS elements from SC2, classes from WoW, and areas from Bioshock* Profits - Man game making sure is easy!
Wolff

Postby Jedit on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Jedit

Postby zeemeerman2 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:18 pm

From this point, the beta started.
Just to make a clarification for the ones who later visit this thread, to know where in time the beta started.

Moving on:
- How can I get back to the first tutorial once I finished playing the first one. Only the second version is on the map screen...
- Player Name at the top right, instead of the actual name. Work in progress?
zeemeerman2

Postby zeemeerman2 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:12 pm

Could you rename the building Church to Temple?
A church is actually a place where Christians pray.
A temple is more general and can be used in any religion, including fantasy game religions.
Just something that bothers me...
zeemeerman2

Postby dislekcia on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:15 am

dislekcia

Postby Jaxzar on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:46 am

Just a small question about the alpha (changes between version 0.15 and 0.21).

I really, really liked that Goblins converted stuff into gold, and Orcs got experience. Now Goblins get experience, and Orcs are now just like humans. Or am I missing something? Seems fine the way it was before. The only reason I can think to change either one of those is to give the Goblins something more unique, since the Tinker is already kind of a goldmonger. Or was it to make gold farming more difficult? I just don't see why that particular change was made.

Maybe it's just me being stubborn and wanting to enjoy the no-cursor-craziness in v0.21 with the older system of Goblins-gold and Orcs-XP. (the cursor thing always bugged me, in fact on my old computer it actually made the game lag)
Jaxzar, Dwarf Rogue
Jaxzar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons