Racial Building Levels

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Racial Building Levels

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:54 pm

I think so, JonahHollow...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby JonahHollow on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:00 pm

I like to reconfirm, what if it was something weird like 30; 70, or a 47; 53. You never know. :o haha.
JonahHollow

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:11 am

Very true, but I doubt they'd sway it. It might anger some people if they wanted to play females and it was 70:30 males.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:30 am

I cant believe that te discussion for racial building levels seems to revolve arund the allready confirmed and purely cosmetic female portraits 90:10 -.-
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:02 pm

Who said that????????????

The Avatar

Postby JonahHollow on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:08 pm

He's being sarcastic. :!:
JonahHollow

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Ohhhh....

Sometimes I am reeeeeeealy slow...

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:39 am

^^ (both sarcastic and a bit serious, as when i look at the racial building levels i see unused design space, but when i look at this thread I see... spam? :P)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby pRaz on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:16 am

I was going to ask about implementing gender in the final version, good to know that's coming. It took me a minute to get used to the new portraits (I liked the 8-bit look of the Alpha ones) but now I consider them very well done (and occasionally funny, such as Halfling Berserker) but now that I am used to them, it's good to know females will be in to mix things up.

Back to the actual topic, upgrading racial homes, I like the idea of being able to store one item in each one, but it can only be used by that race if you choose to store it there. That would please people who want more locker space, while also making the decision of what to put in which lockers significant. That could be the level 2 upgrade, with a difficult questline to get to level 3, which could do something like reduce conversion costs by 10% or grant that race an extra inventory slot.
pRaz

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:05 am

Actually, I'd love racial lockers! I usually only use the tri-sword for halflings, so I know where it's going!

Reducing conversion cost is too good, I'd suggest a bonus that is a free preparation, but you have to take instead of the locker item. Only if you're that race, of course.

Humans: Gain +1 base damage every 2 levels
Elves: Spawn an extra mana potion
Dwarves: Spawn an extra health potion
Halflings: Spawn an extra Hp booster
Gnomes: Spawn an extra Mp booster
Orcs: Spawn an extra attack booster
Goblins: Spawn 3 extra gold piles

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons