the pactmaker

All things Desktop Dungeons

the pactmaker

Postby jjflash on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:15 pm

i think the pactmaker makes your dungeon allot less hard with your extra piety i think they should change it
i...cannot...die...
regards,
The Indomitable
jjflash

Re: the pactmaker

Postby FDru on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:17 pm

:roll:

That piety aint free, ya know.
FDru

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:18 pm

The Pactmaker is AWFUL!!!!! They are almost all terrible tradeoffs except in extreme circumstances. It is yet another wasted altar
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:02 am

Pact of the Warrior (+4 piety, -1 HP) is actually quite nice for Glowing Guardian and Dracul. Glowing Guardian will more than make up your losses with absolution, and the extra piety lets you grab enlightenment then get out. As for Dracul, it's basically a more cost-effective version of blood tithe and largely solves Dracul's piety issues.

Basically GG and Dracul worshippers will pick up Pact of the Warrior, but that's pretty much the only use he has right now. If Dracul or GG don't spawn with him, he's useless.
Darvin

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:03 am

Well, that's simply because they're the only ones with trouble getting massive piety. Every other god gives you more piety than you could ever need. Piety needs to be harder to gain on the other gods, and pactmaker's punishments need to be smaller on his other boons.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:05 am

Well, if you make piety harder to get with other gods, then you must significantly raise how effective their boons are...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:24 am

Most of them already need that anyway. This is in addition to that, to help the pactmaker.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:35 am

Obviously, but the pactmaker also needs more pact I's actually use. The mind pact for example is the biggest scam I've ever seen. I mean really, 1 piety to 1% is already a bad trade, and now you have to waste MP too.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:59 am

Right now the Pactmaker just feels like he should be a preparation. If you could plan ahead for the penalties (take Human with the -1% damage or Fighter with the -1 experience), then they'd be a pretty cool addition.

But right now, the Pactmaker just makes me wish I could desecrate the altar.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:11 am

So true! It's a double wasted altar since you cannot desecrate it... Cheap...

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons