[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Selective unlocking, looking for suggestions

Selective unlocking, looking for suggestions

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Selective unlocking, looking for suggestions

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:10 am

I tell you, the only reason I unlock the gods/niche items at all is that I'm such a perfectionist, that if there is anything I haven't gotten or done I set all my effort into completing it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:26 am

Oh, I forgot tikki tooki. I got him just after taurog. And yea, I'm the same way. Gotta be everywhere, get everything, do anything.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:10 pm

After experimenting some more, I am about 95% certain that Binlor only becomes available after unlocking Taurog. Not quite the effect I was trying to achieve, but there's no complaining about drawing from what are probably the four most useful gods. It's also really nice to have lame items filtered out. The Kingdom of Cheese Lord is like my relaxing vacation home that I go to when I am tired of the capricious cruelty of my normal kingdom :D
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:14 pm

LUCKY!

I remember (when I still had quests) how I couldn't stand those little red flags cluttering up my map!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Egglet on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 pm

I fear the little red flag that rests on the slime pits will forever clutter my map. I swear they created that dungeon as a joke. Is martyr wraps even a good item? The wiki is completely obselete at this point, so I can't find anything on them in there.
Egglet

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:49 pm

Martyr Wraps are just another niche item you don't want to unlock. They start you off with 3 corrosion, but grant you corrosive strike.

Also, I believe they are going to either buff the monk or weaken the dungeon cause' right now this is EXTREMELY HARD!

(Another alternative which could kill two birds with one stone would be revamping Taurog in a way where he has a way to bypass physical resistance.)

For now, if you want to unlock the Martyr Wraps and you're sick of that red flag, beating the dungeon with anybody completes the quest. (Unless they fixed the bug) I recommend Bloodmage (Use physical attacks, whupaz and blood pool on SMM), Paladin (Convert HALPMEH after SMM destruction and fireball Tower of Goo), or Sorcerer (As someone else mentioned above).

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:01 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 pm

I would put it at a tie with Witchalock Pendant with both of them being in the Useless tier.

The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:16 am

I don't even remember what the Witchalock Pendant does anymore. What are its stats and how where do you find it (so I can avoid accidentally unlocking it).
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:28 am

Halfling's Ho is the quest, and it stacks 1 layer of stoneskin when you cast a fireball.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons