Pactmaker version two!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Pactmaker version two!

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:49 am

Hmm... It seems no mater what scout altar will be the best preparation, because finding gods ASAP is super important
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby JonahHollow on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:34 am

I don't know, I'm liking that starting piety, but I think find altars may be better though.
JonahHollow

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:42 am

True, the starting 25 piety is beneficial, but requires more scumming to find gods earlier.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:53 am

I sense a scout altar nerf incoming.

Also, I think Heretic does offer you 1 "protection" against punishment in addition to the 25 piety.

Too bad that's not very useful. Like Darvin said in the past, if you're actually being punished by your God, you're doing something wrong and 1 protection isn't going to help much.
TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:14 am

I'm thinking... maybe Glowing Guardian should offer 10 piety per level-up for starting piety?

So join the Glowing Guardian's religion at level 1 and you get 0 piety, at level 2 you get 10 piety, and at level 10 you'd get 90 piety. This would potentially leave him open as a "last-ditch" option after you've expended all other resources, but honestly if you haven't worshipped anyone at that late stage you probably deserve a nice boost.
Darvin

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:54 am

Ooh, that GG level up piety would be a nice addition. Without sanctify, GG's piety gain has been crippled even more.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Not for me! I always forget about sanctify anyways, so it's not a nerf for me! Also, the starting piety is a good idea, except it might be a bit much. 3 protections and 4 of each potion is a bit powerful.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Something does need to be done, though, because beta Glowing Guardian plays a lot like alpha Pactmaker (except not as powerful or universal); if you find him at level 1-3 he's your obvious religion of choice, but if you find him at level 5+ you can basically ignore the alter.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:05 pm

I'll still grab him at level 5 if there are no other choices. Then just convert an item and use humility. And, he's not really like the Pactmaker, because the Pactmaker was more game breaking.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:03 pm

He's like Pactmaker in that his usefulness is inversely proportional to the level at which you begin worship, meaning finding him at level 1 is always better, even moreso than Earthmother, Mystera or Binlor which also suffer this issue.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons