Complicated Tasks, Pt 6 Help!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Complicated Tasks, Pt 6 Help!

Postby Gorgon on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:25 pm

The snake trick works, just be careful not to get trapped :D
Gorgon

Postby GG Crono on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:05 pm

I still can't beat Pt. 5 no matter what I try. I've been worshipping Taurog and trying to get death protections, but no matter what I do, I run out of piety before I run out of monsters, and after a certain level, Berserkers just instagib me as soon as they go below half health. Bluh.
GG Crono

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Really?! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, if you get elite items, this is really easy with an orb of Zot.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Abraxas on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Using an orc with a sensation stone and the god worshiping strategies from the previous posts were things I had already tried.
The snake trick really did help me do fairly better than ever before, but I'm still not getting there.

My main problem, which is something that also happens to me with whichever classes I try to use for the Magma Mines, is that I end up wasting way too many tiles while exploring. There's just something about the dungeon layout that makes it so that I have to explore huge chunks of the dungeon before I can find an enemy I can afford to fight. I swear I've had times where I had explored nearly half the dungeon before finding a single level 2 enemy.

In the end, by the time I'm finally getting strong enough to face the first boss, I'm already pretty much out of exploration area and other resources in general. The extra life from absolution helps, but ends up never being enough.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby gjaustin on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:11 pm

I don't find that to be as much of a problem as having to find both of the bodyguards before fighting them.

Several times I was ready to fight the magic immune boss, but either hadn't found him, hadn't found the physical immune boss, or hadn't found Fireball. I'm fairly certain it isn't possible to beat the challenge without taking advantage of the one fireball kill on the physical immune boss.
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:02 am

Yup, or at least as a priest. You have to fight the physical resist first. Pulling an elite items helps massively, think keg of health.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Abraxas on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:22 am

I'm really sorry to keep insisting on this, but this is really tearing me apart. (Particularly distressful because other than this quest the only things I have left to clear are the Naga City and the Tower of Gaan-Telet, so I really feel like I shouldn't be having this much trouble with this)

The thing is, even when using absolution to raise my max hp by a lot, no matter what preparations I bring, I just end up never having anywhere near enough staying power. For most runs, I can only barely get to a level high enough to even survive a hit from the first boss, getting a mid-battle level up being pretty much impossible. And without potions, the healing from gods isn't ever enough.

I'm out of ideas here, this clearly isn't working. For now, unless somehow someone magically figures out what I'm doing wrong, I'm thinking I'll just give up on this until some update comes along, hopefully giving me something to work with here.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:47 am

You have to get GG enlightenment, Absolution (don't forget to farm young cave snakes), enough for 2-3 protections and HALPMEH. Bring strength and Schadenfreude potions, and save your subdungeon to regenerate between bodyguards and the foreman.

The Avatar

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:40 am

I did it without the young cave snake absolution boosts. Don't quite remember how anymore, but yea. I don't think I used shadenfreude or strength either cuz I thought they counted as potions at the time.

In other words, it's certainly possible without those things, but they'll certainly help if you play it right. Halpmeh is pretty much a must have though. I think i got a ton of experience from my favorite subdungeon though. The one with the treasure and a line of zombies when you leave. I might have gotten tikki tooki EXP boost and poison then swapped to GG for heals. (Oh, it was 50% instead of 35% back in those days though.)
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:42 am

I beat it in the 33 days also without the snake boost. As long as you get all the things I mentioned above, it shouldn't be too hard.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons