Easter Eggs!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Easter Eggs!

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:23 pm

I don't know about everybody else, but I love Easter eggs!

Each Easter egg would have a quest that you would unlock upon completing the Easter egg.

For example:
Did you hear that?: Apparently, a big-eared monster has been spotted in venture cave! While, most Heroes laugh at this request, there might be a grain of truth in it... Anyways, he is offering a big reward.
Reward: 600 gold, Horn horn

Horn horn: This musical instrument made from a goat's horn emits a piercing blast of sound when played. When heard, this awful noise stuns all monsters, lowering resists to 0 and making them not fight back, until hit.

(Use a monster whistle at level 10 summons Billy Big-Ear, a goat boss, if you bring back his goat horn as a trophy you complete the quest.)

Please, everybody Post your ideas!

Billy Big-Ear
"Hey, don't you know it's impolite to stare? It isn't my fault I was born this way! Hey, are you even listening? That's it, you're goin' down sucker. You messed with the wrong goat!
Special: Magic resistance 50%, Berserk 25%
Hp: 600
Damage: 50
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Easter Eggs!

Postby Gorgon on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:11 am

I love easter eggs too, and I think the game needs more quests like this. There is a lack of quests when you get to the end of the game.
Gorgon

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:11 am

Another possible easter egg:

Using the guitar on a Level 10 Boss. Cuz now it goes up to 11!
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Gorgon on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:10 pm

When I saw the description for the guitar, I thought it would be possible to have a lvl 11 boss. What a shame :(
Gorgon

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Easter Eggy 1:
Using the Midas Touch Scroll thingy from the alchemist on a monster/wall/something in a standard subdungeon, changes the entire subdungeon into a leprechaun cave:

Small cave, probably 5x5 or 6x6. You can not leave until you defeat the leprechaun.

- Leprechaun (spawns as 1 level higher than the player) - Has Blink, counter fireball and 20% resistances, same health and damage as a goblin. Anytime he hits you, he steals 10-15 gold. If you have no gold, he loses blink, but gains first strike, and mana burn. Reward: Killing him doubles any gold he stole from you and leaves it on the ground. (or something else idk)

Easter Eggy 2:
Using the Midas Touch Scroll thingy from the alchemist on the boss turns it into a gold golem.
Same health and damage as a regular golem, 50% resist all.
Deals 1-2% bonus damage for every gold coin you are carrying.
Drops a gold golem rock trophy thingy. Worth 700 instead of the usual 350.
Or Drops something else cool on death like a gold rock heart: Heals 2-3 health per level whenever a wall is destroyed.
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Easter egg!

Burnt Poison: An assassin has claimed he met a snake with poison that could prevent someone from ever healing. In fact, it is strong enough to weaken the suffering enemy. He is willing to pay highly pay for it, and even will let you keep some! Unfortunately, all you have heard of this legendary viper is he comes off to finish weakened victims.
Reward: 600 gold, Hellish venom

You will occasionally find a 5x5 subdungeon that seems empty. If you enter with at least 3 bad status effects (poison, mana burn, corrosion, weakening) Venkanjöngis.

Venkanjöngis
Ahh... A victim.... Finally, I haven't eaten in ages. Don't worry, I won't kill you, just let me prick you once. It will be a quick death
Venomously,
Venkanjöngis

Hp: 600
Damage: 80
Special: Poison, Mana Burn, Corrosion, Weakening

Hellish Poison: Grants poisonous strike, 1 layer of corrosion per level, and 1 weakening per level.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby aguydude on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:58 am

I favor easter eggs that involve using existing mechanics in spectacular ways.My favorite suggestion is definitely using a monster whistle at level 10. Other fun:

1. Picking up the gold in the zombie subdungeon while at level 10.
2. Using Wonafyt when there are no monsters left in the entire dungeon while worshiping Taurog.
aguydude

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:52 am

^Summns Taurog himself. A level 11 Berserker(ish) monster with beast mode stats.
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:13 pm

You could do that with EVERY GOD!!!!!

What would the JJ be? Or EM? or Binlor?

The Avatar

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Binlor, using Wonafyt when there are no walls left in the dungeon.
"So, you believe you are a better miner than Binlor himself? We shall see about that!"

EM, using Wonafyt after killing every plant on that one dungeon with all the plants.
"You have desecrated my sacred grove. You must be stopped." or sumtin

JJ, using Wonafyt when the entire map is explored, but no monsters have been killed.
"JJ likes your style. Perhaps you would like to have a duel with Chaos itself?"

GG, use Wonafyt after killing the boss but never killing an enemy of a lower level.
"GG admires your courageous actions. He challenges you in order to test your true potential."

Tikki Tooki, use Wonafyt after attaining a certain level without ever getting hit more than once.
"Your dodging abilities are astounding, but can you match the deviousness of Tikki Tooki himself?"

MA, use Wonafyt after beating the dungeon without ever attacking. Only fireballs.
"Since I am currently underpowered, I would lose in a fight with you. Here, have this crummy item as a reward"

Dracul? Not sure.

Pactmaker, use Wonafyt after beating the dungeon with 100 piety remaining.
"You have earned much, but ask for little in return. The Pactmaker challenges you for your piety."
Crawly McCrawlsa

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons