[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Fighter

The Fighter

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Fighter

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:17 pm

Hmm... I didn't mean exactly equal, I meant you shouldn't always play class "x" because it is better than everything else.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby pRaz on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:16 pm

pRaz

Postby dislekcia on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:41 pm

That's an interesting point about balance actually: You don't want equal in everything, you simply want to avoid better in everything. Yes, every class does things better than the fighter, but that's kinda the point to the class: It has to work like that in order to be a baseline. We really can't do anything else to him without upsetting that comparison scale.

Also, while certain items may work better for other classes, it's really only the Fighter (and the Tinker, now - Funny that people like the Tinker) that can make use of pretty much anything you find in a dungeon. A good Fighter player should never be disappointed in a dungeon run, they're playing the king of generalists, after all.
dislekcia

Postby JonahHollow on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:52 am

You're admantant about changing the fighter, which didn't actually really bother me, but do you plan on trying to balance out the monk later on?
JonahHollow

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:06 am

TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:25 am

Hmm... TigerKnee has a point. Why wouldn't you want 10% damage and a death protection, for example. Fighter is a good baseline, but I think you should make him more inclined to fighting. Something like +20% damage. I think as thief as the baseline, because it is okay at everything, but great at nothing.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Zaratustra on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:13 am

I like a bonus to attack. Alternatively, a suggestion for Pit Dog:
- Starts with 1 layer of death protection, using death protection recovers HP/MP to 50%
A rather minor bonus that only has strategical value to more advanced player.
Zaratustra

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:18 am

Restating my point: Fighters should be good a fighting. Thieves are a better baseline, because they are good at all, but great at nothing.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:28 am

Darvin

Postby pRaz on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:40 pm

pRaz

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons