[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - OMG Vampires <3

OMG Vampires <3

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: OMG Vampires <3

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:44 am

You don't like the TT paladin? Posion + Dodging + Bonus exp is ftw.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby Darvin on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:19 am

Tikki Tooki isn't a bad consolation prize for the Paladin, and is about on the same lines as Dracul in the current build. However, the Glowing Guardian offers so many nice benefits and the paladin gets to completely ignore his steep tradeoffs which are based off of horrific piety loss for infractions and a game-ending punishment.
Darvin

Postby TigerKnee on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:42 am

I might be wrong but I think GG's penalty for killing lower levelled people might now be lessened (-2 instead of whatever it was before)

My memory may be playing tricks on me though. Either way I suppose GG Paladin still allows you to do stuff like hold Poisoned and Vampiric Daggers which is nice.
TigerKnee

Postby dislekcia on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:34 am

dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Tiki's poison boon is incredible! I had a CYDSTEPPing rogue who grabbed it and converted out before challenging The Avatar, and I absolutely crushed him. Not even close.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby subanark on Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:53 pm

subanark

Postby Gorgon on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:14 pm

The problem of mage plate is that it lowers your damage bonus by 5% every time you level up, so at lvl 10 you will have -15% attack bonus (assuming you didn't get extra attack bonus from the tower), so it's generally more useful for mage classes.

Also, mage plate is not necessary. You can get 10 potions as a gnome warlord, bring a sensation stone and a conversion seal and buy a keg of mana, so you will have around 17 potions. If you transform 3 of them into MP with JJ, you can get 25 MP, enough to get 10 MP per potion.

With your 14 potions, plus 2 protections from your initial 25 MP, plus 1 protection you can get before you start fighting, it's possible to get 17 protections. Assuming you have 40 base damage and 90% bonus from the warlord's abilities (76 damage), it's possible to deal 1292 damage to a boss without physical resist, if you didn't buy the berserker blade and didn't drink health potions.
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Yeah, JJ's boon cleans the house for gnomes. I better try a vicious with that...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby pRaz on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 pm

pRaz

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:26 pm

Paladins cannot lose piety, so GG penalties are nullified. And believe me, Enlightenment, Potions, and protections go very far.

Also, GG and Dracul are always the gods to go with, unless under certain strange circumstances, but GG is better if you have a way of sustaining yourself without potions (CYDSTEPP, HALPMEH, Double regen, etc.) but if you don't you usually want to convert out of him after humility, absolution, and possibly enlightenment.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons