[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Goblins...?

Goblins...?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Goblins...?

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Hmm... I like that tri-sword idea. Also, +1 stacking damage reduction could work, but it is so much better at lower levels, and quickly becomes obsolete. Unfortunately, that is the same problem with his current effect. +10 gold per 85 conversion points could work, but with my 50 gold I'm usually buying everything anyways, so unless I can get more shops I say no. Perhaps 150 +10 gold +1 shop?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:22 pm

The problem with dwarves is that they have no synergy with items (other than dragon shield). Most items simply raise base damage or damage bonus, and the items that raise base defense/defense bonus don't really stack with each other, so using a human or an orc is generally better.

The game is getting more offensive with each update, that's why defensive classes and races are becoming weaker (like the monk). If more defense-friendly items are made, then these classes will become more useable without making the other classes less used.

Maybe some item like this:

Metronome: +3% base damage each time you are hit by an enemy. Caps at 75%. The effect returns to 0% after killing an enemy.
Gorgon

Postby q 3 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:44 pm

q 3

Postby pRaz on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Gold for conversion seems like it would fairly useful (especially since you can find Goblins way before you get the 50 gold prep, and I dislike games that balance everything around the endgame). I don't know exactly how much gold is generated per map, but what about +1 XP per gold found, stacking, for 200 CP? It would make Black Market more useful, but you'd also have to be careful about when you pick gold up, but if you used it right it seems like it could be great near the end of a run.

I think rolling Tri-Sword back to +2 damage would be fine; that would put it more on-par with the Gnome/Whargarbl Wizard/Sorceror combo - that is, it would still be great, but you wouldn't immediately rush for Halfling Berserker/Warlord any time you know the boss won't be physical-resistant.

I'm fine with Humans right now, but there should be more items that give +Base Attack rather than +% (or make the existing ones better; bump Skullpicker up to +10 with a 50 Piety/2 max mana cost; possibly also increase the piety loss for casting spells).

I definitely wouldn't mind knocking Elves down to 60 CP to help casters be more useful (I also wouldn't mind another direct-damage spell, maybe an ice-based attack that does less damage than BURN but removes First Strike - in fact, a way to remove First Strike is a whole nother thread altogether I think :) )
pRaz

Postby Darvin on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:45 pm

I'm against a gold conversion unless there is a major overhaul to our other options in that regard. With the 50 gold preparation, the translocation scroll, Tikki Tooki, and the Gloves of Midas... there are too many situations as-is where I actually have enough resources to buy every single item on the level. It's rare that I can't afford to buy what I need and I actually feel like I'm missing out on something. Only use I can see for a goblin with gold conversion is to tribute Tikki Tooki for fast poison or purist runs. That's too narrow.
Darvin

Postby subanark on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Dwarfs do have synergy. Health potions are 40% of max health, so more health is more health restored per potion. Also, Bloodmages restore 15% max health per blood pool.

Stacking damage reduction is similar to stacking base attack. Although I'm not sure if damage reduction takes effect before or after resistances? If it takes effect after, then it scales in a similar way with %attack.
subanark

Postby q 3 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:52 pm

q 3

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Hmm.. Perhaps FREZUMGUD 3 damage ber level and slow 6 mana.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby JonahHollow on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:19 pm

What about glyphs that have a limited numbers of use before they disappear?
JonahHollow

Postby Gorgon on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Then it would be a wand, not a glyph! Wands would be a nice addition to the game.
Gorgon

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons