[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - A couple unlock questions for veterans (and one for devs)

A couple unlock questions for veterans (and one for devs)

All things Desktop Dungeons

A couple unlock questions for veterans (and one for devs)

Postby pRaz on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:54 pm

I only caved and bought into the beta last month (I know, I'm a horrible person for waiting so long) and I also restarted my kingdom recently to test the balances as they work out through the whole game. I've got a few questions that aren't mentioned on the wiki:

- Which dungeons are most likely to have Orcs? Two versions ago, I found them fairly early in the game (before going past the first level of dungeons in each compass direction). In my current game, I've found Goblins and the Tinker but not Orcs, and I'm a lot further in the game than I was last time. Can/should I just pop into Venture Cave, find the subdungeon, and leave if it's not the Orc?

- How do you unlock Shifting Passages? The Bazaar quest opened up immediately after I did the "buy all items" quest, but I have no dungeon.

For the devs:

Any plans on more class-specific questlines like The Blood-Soaked Blade and Way of the Open Fist?

edit: Oh, forgot one - is it normal that I haven't seen Binlor or the Earthmother at all yet? And what about Pactmaker - is he the altar in the wide-open desert subdungeon that grants "Alchemist's Pact" and such? So there's no way to actually choose which Pact you make with him?
pRaz

Re: A couple unlock questions for veterans (and one for devs

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:01 pm

TigerKnee

Postby Gorgon on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Gorgon

Postby Alweth on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:32 pm

Well, while we're on the subject. I've unlocked 4 Vicious dungeons, including Gaan-Telet. I've unlocked all the races I have 5 quests left to do: Minecraft, Ice and Fury, Complicated Tasks pt. 5, Sally Forth, and Dark Souls.

- I still have not unlocked or seen Binlor. Is this normal?

- I found the Pactmaker in the desert a few times, and have not seen his altar or his subdungeon since. I've seen dozens of altars and no Pactmaker altar. Am I doing something wrong?

- I have not seen or unlocked any special classes. Is this normal?
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby Gorgon on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Gorgon

Postby Alweth on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby Gorgon on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Gorgon

Postby pRaz on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:59 pm

pRaz

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Finding the transmuter unlocks his questline, and the crusader, when you find him, only joins if you have 100 piety.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons