Vamp Revamp

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vamp Revamp

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Hmm... That's true. Still, attack% would be fair. How adding about +1% attack to conversion, first strike, and +1 max mp upon leveling up. (+2 if it's too weak)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby pRaz on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:07 pm

Vampires could have an ability opposite the Assassin's; "Strike From Shadows", which gives them first strike if the area around a monster has NOT been fully scouted. It fits from a flavor standpoint, and I don't think it would be unbalancing at all.
pRaz

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:37 pm

Great idea! You shouldn't explore around them! Although they still need the +1-2 mp bonus upon leveling.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:47 am

First strike and bonus max MP is basically where we're at.

Items in debate: God worship not being allowed. Bonus damage on conversions.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Yup, that's pretty much it. The no gods suggestion really only works if you power up the class considerably, and I really only made it to make Vamps scum less.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:27 pm

As I see it, either Vampires need to have their Dracul synergy cut off or they need to be assured that an alter to Dracul will appear. As they are right now, worshipping Dracul is mandatory and there is effectively no strategy (barring obscene conversion antics) that will work otherwise. Considering vampires cannot earn piety with two of the pantheon and will automatically infuriate another two, there are already four mostly unusable alters for them. Jehora, Tikki Tooki, Pactmaker, and Taurog all have some marginal usefulness, but really the only one that shines for the Vampire is Dracul.

One possibility to deal with the Vampires mana problem: gain 1 MP every time you attack. Fits with his lifesteal motif and playstyle without being too overpowering.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:45 pm

Actually, that's quite a good idea...

But yeah, for them it's Dracul or leave. Like rogues and CYDSTEPP, except even with Dracul they kinda suck.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 pm

The biggest factor for the Vampire is how much damage the boss deals. Against low-damage bosses like the Indomitable they actually perform quite well. Against high-damage bosses (pretty much everyone else on hard/vicious) they have trouble.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Yup, that's why we all have agreed they basically need first trike.

The Avatar

Postby Alweth on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:57 am

I don't see what all the ruckus is about. I was able to beat fairly easily beat Hobbler's Hold with the Vampire. And get this, I did it with no preparations!!
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons