Purchase now, CD Keys for Steam later?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Purchase now, CD Keys for Steam later?

Postby DDAnon on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:04 pm

I was just wondering if QCF Design had any intention to offer purchasers of Desktop Dungeons from the official QCF website a Steam CD Key when it is released on that platform. I was pleasantly surprised to see indie companies such as Mode 7 Games and Puppygames give preorder customers Steam access, and I feel it would be a nice gesture to those that make the decision to preorder Desktop Dungeons directly from the QCF website.

While I cannot speak for anyone else, being able to add a purchase from QCF Design directly into Steam would get me to purchase the game in an instant.
DDAnon

Re: Purchase now, CD Keys for Steam later?

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:51 pm

That would be the plan, yes. I don't know the exact process that games go through to make that happen on Steam, but that's what we'd like to do.
dislekcia

Postby jameskond on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Yeah, the Torchlight devs also send me a Steam Key after I asked for it on their forum. But only users after a specific date could get a key.
jameskond

Postby DaRabidDuckie on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:03 am

Thanks for answering that so quickly! I came here wanting to know the same thing, and after reading the answer, preordered the SE immediately. DD alpha already sucked up way too much free time, glad to finally give you guys money for it!
DaRabidDuckie

Return to Desktop Dungeons