Complicated Tasks, Pt 6 Help!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Complicated Tasks, Pt 6 Help!

Postby q 3 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:52 am

dislekcia wrote:Really surprised that Half Dragons aren't doing physical damage via knockback, they totally should. Will test that tomorrow.

I had thought that it was intentional based on this update. "All knockback effects, including glyph casts, are now reduced by resistance % to knocker’s base damage type." Will be glad to see it changed back to physical.
q 3

Postby TigerKnee on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:13 am

dislekcia wrote:Yes, knockback will nix poison: You're hitting something into a wall AFTER you've poisoned it. Is this a concern?

It's hard to think of it that way. For me my original impression is that knockback damage is added to the original strike and dealt "at-once."

Also, since knockback is going to naturally knock enemies into unexplored territory most of the time, a player would probably think of synergizing Poison on attack effects with it (TT's boon, Venom Sword) and then be confused when they find out the enemy isn't poisoned after they get knocked into walls even though they hear the SWOOSH effect of poisoning.
TigerKnee

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:24 am

Poison dragons would be pretty OP. Being able to deal 2-3x damage with knockback, poisoning them, and their ridiculously high health pool would let them crush enemies 2-3x their level with no difficulty at all.
I play DD, Sc2, BLC, LoL, and many more. Msg me for games anytime!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby TigerKnee on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:25 am

That's IF the walls are set up right. Which isn't that common.

And it's not really a great comparison but a Transmuter does the gimmick of "need walls to be effective" a LOT better than Half-Dragons if we're talking pure power wise.

Not a great comparison because Transmuter are borkken, of course.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:33 am

The great thing with half-dragons is if there are any walls at all, worship Binlor, and you can set up long lines.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons