[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Race unlocking help?

Race unlocking help?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Race unlocking help?

Postby GG Crono on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:34 am

Yeah, I haven't found any of the newly-introduced races yet. Is there a trick to it? Are there some dungeons in which they're more likely to appear than others? Or does the random number god just hate me?
GG Crono

Re: Race unlocking help?

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:41 am

The Vampire, Gorgon, and Half-Dragon are acquired by completing special quests (which have appeared in the tavern).

To get the Vampire, you must defeat the Vicious difficulty Crypt with three different classes. To get the Half-Dragon, you must complete Dragon Isles with three different classes. To get the Gorgon, you must defeat Naga City with three different classes.

I recommend you abuse Jehora Jeheyu's combo with gnomes while it still works...
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:45 am

Yeah, you have 1 day to beat naga city three times... Ouch.

Dragon Isles doesn't actually need the JJ gnome. Berserker, monk, and normal CYDSTEPPing rogue should do it easily.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:00 am

I got my Warlord and Rogue victories in Naga City very quickly, actually. Took me two attempts for the Warlord (got lucky and got a keg of mana and found Jehora at level 1) and four attempts to get it as the Rogue.

Actually, I had more trouble with Dragon Isles than I did on Naga City for some reason. Guess it was just luck of the draw in terms of where I found my alters and deities. Beat Dragon Isle with Berserker, Warlord, and Assassin (later added Bloodmage, and I have an old Rogue victory that was wiped out in one of the patches). Beat Naga City with Thief, Warlord, and Rogue.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:09 am

Same for naga city. It took me 10 tries to spawn it as a rogue, and then I accidentally converted BURDAYRAZ. I was not happy.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby GG Crono on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Thanks for the words. The quests didn't actually appear in my tavern. Is there something I have to do to trigger them?

In any case, I've yet to beat any of those with ONE class, so I'm not holding my breath. ;)
GG Crono

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Maybe it spawns after one win, urging you to go for two more, but if you can't win, it doesn't bother you with that evil red flag.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:11 pm

You can always just do a Taurog Berserker too. I doubt they'll nerf that.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:34 am

Eh, I find those level 9 physical damage dragons near the end are just nasty to the Taurog Berserker. Certainly he's still one of the best classes for this level, but in the current version I find Jehora Jeheyu Gnomish Warlords and Assassins are significantly easier to pull off than Taurog Berserkers.
Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons