[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - New Abilites Suggestions

New Abilites Suggestions

All things Desktop Dungeons

New Abilites Suggestions

Postby Fran on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:36 pm

Hello, I'm kind of new to the game and although it's hard it's right up my alley.

I don't know if the developers still want to expand the collection of classes but i thought it would at least be fun to think about what kind of new effects may open up interesting strategies.

So hoping i won't be flamed to death for saying something stupid / imbalanced (i'm new after all), I'll just post some ideas I had:

The Mystic:
- Received Physical Damage gets treated as Magical Damage and vice versa
- Mana Potions heal HP and Health Potions heal MP
- Each attack gets treatet as being 50% magical and 50% physical

The Headhunter:
- Receives 1 Gold per Kill but every item costs additional 5 gold
- For every monster killed, gives an cumulative attack bonus of x% against that monsterclass. have a constant y% against the boss (i kill 3 goblins, i get an 3x% bonus against goblins from than on)
- Blood Pools remove Poison/Mana Burn

What do you think, is there potential or does this not fit into the game? Other concepts?
Fran

Re: New Abilites Suggestions

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:03 am

TigerKnee

Postby Fran on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Oh, ok. I didn't unlock the dragon shield or the elven boots this far. The rest seems obvious, now that you mention it.

So how could we build a concept around the ability that the arithmetic mean of both enemy resistances are used against all damage from the player; i meant both direct attacks as well as magic attacks.
So a fireball would be more effective against an magical reistant enemy and an direct attack would be more effective against an physical resistant enemy.
I think this is not as bad as it sounds; for example an enemy with 50% physical resist and no magical resist has only 25% resist against an normal attack so your damage is 1,5 times as big as it would be otherwise.
What could be added to complement this ability?
Fran

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:17 pm

A built-in BFS ability maybe.

"Reduces X Physical/Magic resistance when attacking" or whatever the game syntax would be.
TigerKnee

Postby Gorgon on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:35 pm

Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Weird, but interesting.

As for the headhunter:

Contracted: You get 1 (2?) CP per kill.
Genocide: +50% against whatever monster type you've killed the most. They have the marked status.
Bloodbath: Every blood pool removes poison, mana burn, one layer of weakening, one layer of corrosion, and heals 1 hp per level.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:49 am

Fran

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:55 am

I was making up the numbers. The reason I added the 1 hp per level is the pools would be useless if there weren't many monsters that gave status effects.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:26 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:07 pm

That would be awesome. AWESOME. INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons