[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - What advanced tactics can I start applying in all dungeons?

What advanced tactics can I start applying in all dungeons?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: What advanced tactics can I start applying in all dungeo

Postby q 3 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:13 pm

There really isn't any dungeon that requires scumming, outside of the Witch's last couple of challenges or trying to beat a vicious dungeon without preparations, but it does make things go a lot easier. Thankfully the Scout Altar preparation makes scumming for deities fairly easy, and deities are generally the most helpful thing to scum for (unless you really need CYDSTEPP). For me, the most important thing is just having a good sense early on for when a run is highly likely to fail, at which point I'd rather not waste my time struggling.
q 3

Postby gjaustin on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:10 pm

gjaustin

Postby Gwizz41 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Gwizz41

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Look at your early game. As a level 1 sorcerer you should be able to take level 3 that don't kill you. Take a tri-sword if you're playing as a halfling. Use gods that elongate your game. Heck, I bet you can beat that using just Taurog and unstoppable furies with a tri-sword. And if you get an awful god (SMM, Goo, Wraith, or Bleaty) just try again.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:43 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:59 pm

But Bloodmage is fairly easy. Or maybe this is just me.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:06 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:20 pm

The days when the tri-sword wasn't potion based. Any of these are easy with a Taurog Tri-Sword combo.

The Avatar

Postby Gwizz41 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:20 pm

Gwizz41

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Great news! Good job!!!!!

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons