[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - New Abilites Suggestions

New Abilites Suggestions

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: New Abilites Suggestions

Postby Gorgon on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:55 pm

Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:18 pm

I know, but where can I find the files?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:35 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:40 pm

The example I gave was purely hypothetical. The devs could be doing anything, but it's not going to be accessible from the perspective of a web player.

Worst-case scenario is that everything is hard-coded, which would make it basically impossible to create your own items or classes. Best-case scenario is that it'll be something plaintext (not necessarily XML, but same principle) and you can load it up in a text editor and start modding away.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:27 am

That would be beast. I want to play a Warlord with first strike and +80% damage! Throw in an Avatar Symbol and play a gnome, possibly with JJ, and you'd crush Vicious. Even without JJ.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:27 am

Modding for superpowers gets boring very fast.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:20 pm

But underpowers? Who doesn't like a challenge?

Also, just creating your own dungeon would be awesome.

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:33 pm

I will fill mine with high level animated armours, illusions and maybe some of the monsters from Slime Pits.

And the boss will be Bleaty.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Lord help us all. Well, you can tank bleaty, so high resist monk is still probably the way to go in your case.

How about doom armors? And The Avatar as the boss. In addition to what you said, of course.

Also, couldn't you make your own monsters? Just change the name, percentages, abilities and sprites. You could even upload your own sprites. Or just copy and paste a monster and edit its values to make another monster without changing one...

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Well if you throw enough weakeners or something the Monk will be gimpy pretty soon.
TigerKnee

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons