[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vampire can farm Ying/Yang for limitless Piety

Vampire can farm Ying/Yang for limitless Piety

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vampire can farm Ying/Yang for limitless Piety

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Doesn't need to be special; we've got loads of great items to choose from. Heck, just pick any from this list:

Amulet of Yendor
Sensation Stone
Keg of Health
Keg of Mana
Orb of Zot

All consumable, all awesome items that will leave you very happy no matter what you get.
Darvin

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:59 pm

The thing is, the ability to abuse ying yang is basically only for fun, since there really isn't a practical use currently. It's a neat/fun thing to do right now, but not worth the reward. A new item would be cool, just like there's special items for other challenging subdungeons (like the different races/class/god subdungeons). I place ying/yang into the category of the bridge troll. It's a small accomplishment that is easily avoidable in the main dungeon run. So, I think it should have a comparable reward.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby gjaustin on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:19 pm

I'd like to see the dungeon changed so that you don't need ENDISWALL to actually do it.

Now that I think about it, Ying/Yang should be one of the secret dungeons hidden behind a wall rather than a normal dungeon. Of course, it would need a better reward in that case.
gjaustin

Postby Fran on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:02 pm

Is there a special dungeon where this subdungeon spawns?
I have never seen this one, although i naturally try to go into every subdungeon available.
Fran

Postby Crawly McCrawlsa on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:32 pm

When I first started playing I would see it ALL THE TIME... basically meant I never had a useful subdungeon to ever use during my questing. After I got onto the level of completing vicious dungeons, I stopped seeing it. I only managed to actually hold on to endiswall once during this time, so I only made an attempt at the dungeon once and died due to a misclick. Since that encounter, I've never seen it come back. I always get one of the other numerous subdungeons.

Basically the worst subdungeon to get, and luckily, it hasn't returned to plague my characters in a LONG time. Bit of a lucky break even if it happens to be a bug. I've probably attempted at least a hundred dungeons since I last saw it... maybe I'm just really lucky.
I play everything in every genre. Send me a message!
Dear DD Designers, you're awesome. TY!
steam name: bobbywojo (BrbHouseOnFire)
Crawly McCrawlsa

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Yeah, it's a basic one, but it's still fairly uncommon. The zombies are still less frequent. Actually Fran, you might have seen it. It looks like a 3x5 area with walls around it. Crush the uppermost one to find the real subdungeon.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:52 pm

Fran

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:35 am

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:49 am

Woohoo warmonger berserker camp wizard!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons