Can we expect "Vicious" dungeons to be toned down?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Can we expect "Vicious" dungeons to be toned down?

Postby Darvin on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:33 am

We're starting to need less stress testing and more "flow" testing - how enjoyable the game is as an experience from a progression point of view.

Then here's what you can do:

"There will now be a special item dropped at the end of the Naga City, but only games started after January 1st can get it,"

No anger over lost progress, but a carrot to get people to restart and test the progression.

Would you guys like some way to artificially increase difficulty in dungeons as an optional thing though? We've been lobbing an idea like that around for a while now and can't decide if we want to go forward on it or not.

I've been under the impression that this is exactly what dungeons like Grimm's Grotto and vicious Halls of Steel were all along.
Darvin

Postby q 3 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:42 am

dislekcia wrote:Would you guys like some way to artificially increase difficulty in dungeons as an optional thing though? We've been lobbing an idea like that around for a while now and can't decide if we want to go forward on it or not.

Yes.
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:56 am

dislekcia wrote:Would you guys like some way to artificially increase difficulty in dungeons as an optional thing though? We've been lobbing an idea like that around for a while now and can't decide if we want to go forward on it or not.

Yes in all ways. Perhaps a gold bonus too... Extra worth trophies... Pleeeeeeeeease.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:03 am

I won't argue against that option, but I'm not the sort of person who's going to use it either.

As a general rule, I don't intentionally make things difficult myself without some sort of compensation like unlockables (and no, achievements totally don't count).

Gauntlet mode from alpha is sort of an exception though I don't know why.
TigerKnee

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:06 am

dislekcia wrote:The vicious dungeons have been slowly coming down in difficulty and a lot of quests are going to get moved around/rebalanced over the next month or so. We're starting to need less stress testing and more "flow" testing - how enjoyable the game is as an experience from a progression point of view.

Would you guys like some way to artificially increase difficulty in dungeons as an optional thing though? We've been lobbing an idea like that around for a while now and can't decide if we want to go forward on it or not.

YES!

I'd love to do a vicious mode of Havendale Bridge. Though most important to me is to have a randomly generated dungeon at the Vicious level.
gjaustin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons