[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Welcome back!

Welcome back!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Welcome back!

Postby ironicmuffin on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:58 pm

So with the addition of random bosses, I read it as there would be the chance of a boss that is not the standard one. I just ran the Labyrinth and got Aequitas AND Rex...is that what's supposed to happen? Are there now multiple bosses for hard dungeons?
ironicmuffin

Postby Fran on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:04 pm

Fran

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Pretty nasty on Labyrinth to have two bosses. That's a level where you often have to blow most of your tiles actually exploring because you get blocked off. Leaves very few resources for the boss fight in most cases. Gotta really hope for an early Binlor find now...
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Ouch... Really ouch. I'm gonna destroy my current profile to make a new one even though getting gorgons are going to be a SERIOUS pain...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Is it correct to sumarize that everything got a lot harder and you get less money for preperations in contrast?
Or am i missing something?
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:34 pm

I think preps are less, but not everything got harder. All non-tower vicious levels are the same...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Fran on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Ok but suppose you are a new player without knowledge about the game.
Everything after the normal dungeons is harder, and unless you're able to beat the tower, your economy is crap if the values of the trophies at the taxidermist are for real.
They technically increased the learning curve for beginners in favor of a meatier challenge for veterans.
Don't know if I like this.
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Wait, you have to beat the tower to win! Oh God! That is mean. And they made it harder.

The Avatar

Postby Fran on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Fran

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:30 pm

Wait, so how did they buff the tower? Adding wraiths? AA's?

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons