[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Welcome back!

Welcome back!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Welcome back!

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Darvin

Postby Fran on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:51 pm

Fran

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:55 pm

Wait, what? Hexx Ruins? I meant Gorgon Class by beating Naga City...

AA's... I quit. Their damage stat is already hyper inflated, and now they have a vicious stat modifier not to mention 3 death protections! No preps and AA's. What next, nagas? Anyways, maybe a monk (cause the wraiths won't matter). Oh wait, no preps; We don't get a conversion stone. Paladin; Wait, now you can't bring a dragon shield for any class! WTF this is impossible! (Though I bet someone's going to post a victory just to prove me wrong...)

Also, maybe AA's should have lev/2 rounded up protections.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:01 am

I've tried Orc Assassin, Paladin and Monk multiple times so far.
I died against AA twice, once against Wraiths and once against those resist lowering slimes from slime pit.
The AA's have 10 Death Protections so you have to kill them about 55 times in all to complete the stage.

By the way, does the announcement include that there is still a vicous mode AFTER completing the one that's impossible?

In fact, I'm beginning to think that the version that's available already is the vicous mode and the files have been mixed up. I have no other explanation for how impossible this is.
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:14 am

RESIST REDUCING SLIMES! WHAT?! IS EVERY FREAKING MONSTER IN THE GAME IN THERE?!

But yeah, if there's a vicious version, the files got switched...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:25 am

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:31 am

Dang, there goes my fighter Gaan'Telet completion. I felt good and smug about that -.-

Also, why is Venture cave glowing with green fire?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:36 am

Oh gosh, I forgot about Whupaz. Now Vamps really are the only viable strategy, and they're the only class we DIDN'T beat the first version with.

What do you mean by green fire? (I haven't seen the new map?)

The Avatar

Postby Fran on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:57 am

I have no green light on venture cave, not on the map and not in the dungeon itself.

Another thing that changed is that the tower is randomly generated (I don't think that was before but i don't know it because i only played the old version once).
The enemies as well as the altars are (more or less, i've seen some correlation between enemies and gods) randomly generated (especially the order in which they appear), but it looks like they can choose monsters from all available ones.
So i guess you could just have alot of luck and only encounter enemies you're good against, but i'm not sure on this. Maybe they expanded the floors so you still encounter every enemy, but oh well.
The most far i got was with the orc paladin, stage 3 or so.
But as it's 2 am here i'm going to sleep now.
Last edited by Fran on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fran

Postby Abraxas on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:58 am

Crybabies, the whole lot of you.

This tower has a lot less floors, and Horatio is much, much weaker. It all comes down to luck on which enemies you get.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons