[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Welcome back!

Welcome back!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Welcome back!

Postby q 3 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:30 pm

The first dungeon I entered after the update was a flaming Magma Mines, and when I left without doing much in there I got a message from the Taxidermist about how that expedition caused demand to increase and that the value of trophies is rising, or something along those lines.
q 3

Postby booooooze on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Definitely more cash from flaming spots, but the gold summary after the dungeon doesn't show up, so I'm not entirely sure how it's being calculated.
booooooze

Postby Gorgon on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:32 pm

I went to a flaming dungeon with bet on boss. Before, I had around 1250 gold. Now I have 2030.
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:26 pm

So you get extra gold. Sweet! Anyways, that should be more obvious.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Abraxas on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:38 pm

Can anyone confirm that the tower with the level 8 Horation appears on new profiles? To me, it sounds more like a bug related to the old profiles already having the tower than anything.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:00 pm

The level 8 Horratio is the vicious version. You get the level 10 hard one, and then the level 8 vicious once you beat the hard one.

The hard level was awesome. I wan't to play it again. Let's hope they make it available to play after you've beaten the game next week. Also, I felt Horratio's hard quote was lacking. Anyone else?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby flap on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Haha, even though I had purchased the game the very first week the alpha was being sold, I was refreining myself from playing until the interface was worked on (I wanted to see our kingdom slowly growing).
I might soon have to jump into what looks like the final phase of development...
flap

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:34 am

I think I've decided I don't actually like the random bosses.

Solely for the reason that Bleaty is included in the list of potential bosses. The dungeon generation logic should be altered to just trap your spawn with level 9 monsters if it's going to spawn Bleaty. At least that would be fast.
gjaustin

Postby q 3 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:23 am

I don't like the random bosses just because the hard dungeons all tend to have a fairly specific theme going on, and the random bosses nearly always clash with that. Although I do like the gold reward for penultimate boss kills. Maybe secondary bosses should be specifically assigned to dungeons that suit them? That would also help with trophy hunting. And, yes, at this point I think it's indisputable that Bleaty is broken - you can't even rely on CYDSTEPP to beat him anymore. Lower Bleaty's mag resist to 0%, and even then he's still somewhat overpowered; while you're at it, give Tomithy and Medusa probably double the HP (or give them Bleaty's mag resist), although that doesn't quite bring them up to par either.

I've only seen the dialogues on my main profile where the vicious Tower is already beaten, but from the sheer number of them I'm going to say that I think the Horatio quest line takes way too long to get going. Maybe it's not as bad if you're playing from scratch, but having nearly the exact same dialogue come up several times in a row, with no noticeable change in the game state, seems rather tedious to me. Just start the quest chain later if it's going to take that long to get going.

Have treasure subdungeons become rarer now? I hardly ever find them anymore. Considering what a huge power boost those are (particularly on Purist runs) I think they should either be more common (if harder to access) or there should be other gimmicks that replace them if one doesn't spawn. Right now they add way too much of a luck factor to a game that already has IMO too much emphasis on luck (and/or scumming, naturally).
q 3

Postby Darvin on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:08 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons