[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - New Goblin

New Goblin

All things Desktop Dungeons

New Goblin

Postby Gorgon on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:32 pm

The goblin race has been rebalanced, but I haven't seen many people talking about it...

What do you think about goblins? Do they need more rebalancing?
Gorgon

Re: New Goblin

Postby Darvin on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Not entirely sure at this point. Goblins now offer usefulness to a variety of situations, and due to the milestone bonuses they don't stop being useful past level 10. The big issue - and I think this is a good thing - is that the goblin's racial advantage is so different from the other races that your strategy and approach would be considerably different with this race. So I think we need to give it some time to see what people can do with it.

Speaking of "new goblins", what's up with the image in the news post? The picture listed there looks more like the troll than the goblin, but I can't seem to find where in-game it's from. Is it forthcoming in a future update?
Darvin

Postby Gorgon on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Sweet! Does that mean new pics for everyone?

But back to the goblin. He is a lot like the orc: Bring a Sensation Stone, and buy extra stuff for points. Overall, I actually quite like him.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby FDru on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:53 pm

I haven't played much with the new goblins, but on the topic of art I love the way they look currently. Since that image in the announcement looks so much like a troll mob, maybe they are going to be doing art for the monsters at some point?
FDru

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:06 am

Hmm... very true. I prefer the cartoonish current art to the new "troll-like" goblins.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:24 am

That's the monster info panel, Mousey just called the troll a goblin because she could ;)
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Oh! That's pretty cool. Also, is there a way to view what an ability does?

The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:56 pm

I've just completed naga city with a TT goblin paladin. It's a nice strategy.

The best classes for the goblin, in my opinion, are Assassin, Crusader, Paladin and Fighter.

With the Crusader, it's possible to leave enough low level monsters behind to strike a few +100% hits on a boss.
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Another sweet Goblin+GG strategy is using a conversion stones and a few glyphs to reach level 4 and then use absolution for MASSIVE hp.

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons