[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Welcome back!

Welcome back!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Welcome back!

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:21 am

Adding my voice to the chorus that Bleaty shouldn't be a random boss. He does enough damage to one-shot even a level ten character. There is a very narrow range of strategies that can deal with that, and not all dungeon spawns (prehaps not even most) give you the tools to implement them.

Desktop Dungeons is basically a puzzle game. Challenging puzzles are fine, but this is like handing someone a jigsaw puzzle without all the pieces.
Sidestepper

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:30 pm

gjaustin

Postby subanark on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Sure you can use CYDSTEPP to beat Bleaty without a warlord... just worship drac and give him all your HP (so ideally you are down to 1) then you can just chain cast it :P.
subanark

Postby moldar on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Ok - so with the changes to the tower of gaan telet, I am quite confused.

I see the quest in the tavern, but I can't see the location on my map.

Bug?

Edit: And yes, I have seen the tower prior to this update. Died there many a time! ;)
moldar

Postby ironicmuffin on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:07 pm

ironicmuffin

Postby Gorgon on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Yeah, Horratio's entire plot is selling rock-bottom priced trophies to crush your economy. It is obvious if you start a new profile.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:38 pm

Weirdly, I now have the hard, purist-only tower on my main profile (after having beaten the original tower and the level 8 Horatio tower), but I've never actually gotten the new Horatio quest. And having beaten the new hard tower twice the vicious tower won't unlock. Oh well, time to start anew I suppose.
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Yeah, the new quest thing screwed up my old profile too.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby moldar on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Ok - now that I did a few dungeons and progressed the quest, I can see the tower.

However, it says that I can't go in until I have proven I can defeat all types of monsters. I currently have found 18 different trophy types (if I read the Taxidermist right).

At this stage, not knowing which trophy I need to find, it is feeling quite frustrating. If there were hints giving me directions on finding the missing trophies, it would not have the frustration factor.

Hope this feedback helps in some way...

PS - is there a list from other players of which trophies I should have collected by now? I have done all the quests except the Naga City one and the Tower (obviously) Thanks
moldar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons