[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Fortitude Tonic and Burn Salves

Fortitude Tonic and Burn Salves

All things Desktop Dungeons

Fortitude Tonic and Burn Salves

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Well we all know these potions. And how niche they are. While they are pretty good preps, especially when you know you'll be facing debuffers, but are useless 90% of the time in shops. There are 2 routes that could fix that. First, remove them from shops or sell them with other potions. That's about all I can say about this idea. My personal idea is to give them a universal effect. First change burn salve to spell salve. Then the tonic grants +5 max hp and the salve grants +1 mana. While this is half the effect of a pendant for the same cost, it also retains the poison/weakening or mana burn/corrosion curing properties.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Fortitude Tonic and Burn Salves

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Not a bad idea for shops, but it could push them over the edge as preps where they work just fine. I'm really at a loss as to what to do with these things. Bundling them with strength/schadenfreude at the shops is another option, as this has no impact on preparations but doesn't take up as much shop space.
Darvin

Postby Gorgon on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Or maybe merge them into one potion (spell salve) and make fortitude tonic give 5 HP and 1 MP.
Gorgon

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 pm

That'd turn fortitude tonic into a "no-brainer" prep. I mean really, +5 HP at level 1? Sign me up!
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Hmm... Perhaps you only get the boost if you don't cure a debuff? Still, 1 mana and 5 hp aren't that good.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:12 pm

gjaustin

Postby subanark on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:14 pm

I like the single potion effect. As for a new specialty potion goes, how about simple invulnerability: You are immune to damage and all status effects from the next attack.
subanark

Postby Gorgon on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:58 pm

True, but it's a no brainer.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:13 am

We could always just buff every potion up to the "no-brainer" levels and then remove WHUPAZ, which would probably cancel out the net power creep of such a change.
Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons