[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Redundant glyphs

Redundant glyphs

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Redundant glyphs

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Come to think of it, the current incarnation of CYDSTEP is functionally very similar to WEYTWUT (allows one extra attack, defeats first strike), which means that we now have FOUR glyphs occupying the "get one extra melee exchange' slot.
Sidestepper

Postby Zaratustra on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:24 pm

I'd turn BYSSEPS into a on-off proposition: add 30% attack at the cost of 2 mana per attack.
Zaratustra

Postby TigerKnee on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:54 pm

I don't quite understand how that fixes the Bysseps problem (i.e you can't stack it and the effect isn't good enough to be a non-stacking glyph)

In fact, that version actually seems worse, now you can't use for one shot (let's say you want to pump your strength potion even more or something) and then sacrifice cuz it's a toggle. I guess it certainly does make it more convenient to use but still.
TigerKnee

Postby Halion on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:08 am

Some of these glyphs are important because of the simplicity of their effects, it is a boon to new players to have glyphs that are easy to understand and use. (I am thinking specifically of BYSSEPS and GETINDARE).

Personally, I'm quite fond of GETINDARE, because it is so cheap to activate.

I would be tempted to change BYSSEPS to make your next attack deal magic damage instead of physical. I think it would add very little additional complexity to the glyph, but would add a layer of subtle utility that would make it situationally appealing.
Halion

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:22 am

It'd only be useful against the high physical resist enemies that lack magic resist... that's Wraiths and Goo Blobs; very narrow application.

I'm all for more ways to pierce monster resists. Certainly the 100% piercing wand was over the top, but a couple more 25% effects like the RBS would be really nice.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:26 am

Check out my balance suggestions in the balance suggestion's thread, I think I've come up with some quite elegant stuff, and I've done my best to be as polite and nice as possible.

Unity crashes in Gaan'Telet made me really lash out yesterday. :oops:
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:49 pm

How about having BYSEPS add a one-shot resistance reducer to your melee attack, in addition to the 20% damage. Maybe 4-5%? While not strictly repeatable in the same sense that HALPHMEH is, this would create an effect that is stackable, and could be used to fight long term battles of attrition in an interesting and unique way.
Sidestepper

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:42 pm

dislekcia

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:49 pm

My Berserker cries tears of shame every time he has to fireball a goo blob. I'm sure he'll be thrilled by the update.
Sidestepper

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons