Paladins, Poison, and Tikki Tooki...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Paladins, Poison, and Tikki Tooki...

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:37 am

Yes it was an appropriate nerf, but it's still INCREDIBLE with paladins. Well, they are already cheap for gods so I suppose there's no difference there
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:57 am

I think the solution is to make "Poison" a double-edged boon. Because TT is otherwise a relatively weak god during the early-game, I don't think nerfing his other stuff (which, in effect, a nerf to tribute does) was justified.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:30 pm

How so? Add resistances to all monsters? Give all first strike? Actuall First strike could be good. As this strategy leave tons of popcorn, first strike makes them hard to mop up.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Screw the first strike idea, I'd love to have all my popcorn have first strike. It makes it sooo much easier to stack your dodge for "cydstep potions".
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:37 pm

Oh yeah, forgot about those potions, Maybe give them dodge or poison?

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Frankly, if those potions were made to work more elegantly (combining them into one potion with a working dodge rediction that allowed the chance for the very next hit to be a dodge, and then giving you one more certain dodge after that, for example), cold justify removing poison alltogather - if they were more noob friendly more people would see the benefits of going for them as TT's major endgame boon. Because they ARE a major end game boon against anything that isn't a damage sponge.

You could also give TT more boon synergy with making the dodge boon stackable the way Tiki's edge is.

Cheap perma poison boon is cheap. I'd know.

However, Gaan'Telet would quickly become a lot harder without it, which is good, because the only reason it looks remotely doable now is because of that boon. Not sure about the new busted wizard and bloodmage, though.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons