[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Monk still ridiculous + a guide to playing this game

Monk still ridiculous + a guide to playing this game

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Monk still ridiculous + a guide to playing this game

Postby xspeedballx on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Your point is good. Just exploring thoughts, I really don't have a counter point :)

Another fun thought because I love them, in the world of stupidly complex mechanics, if a class gained opposing resistance temporarily whenever they took damage. And lost damage type resistance whenever they TOOK damage.

Note numbers are not tuned AT ALL but example - Gain physical resistance equal to magic damage taken and vice versa. Whenever you take a hit you lose 15% resistance of the type of damage you took. So if at 50% physical, you get smacked by a zombie you are at 35% resistance(but just gained a bunch of magic resistance).

Mechanic with whatever balancing would not always be ideal based on monster balance but could lead to lots of fun mechanics.
xspeedballx

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Last edited by Lujo on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:20 pm

The old one. Sorry for no clarification on that.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:22 pm

gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:26 pm

I actually perfer goblins with Absolution and GG. Pump to level 4 or so absolve, get Enlightenment and if you brought a Drafon Shield you're set.

And for my monk win I took Taurog and bought a Venom Ward. Converted into Drac for another 15 to hit 75 and converted to Taurog again. I was parched too! I'd like to mention that you don't need the poison boon.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:32 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Which is impossible now due to Tomithy. Please devs switch him with medusa or Firstborn.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:40 pm

gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Heh, the new Bleaty eats Dodge and Reflex potions. I can't remember the last time I didn't one-shot him for no damage :) If he's giving you trouble, thats your answer, you don't even need any mana.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons