[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - MY thoughts on stuff!

MY thoughts on stuff!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: MY thoughts on stuff!

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:32 pm

I concur with your thoughts on Fireball.

I also concur on your thoughts on ENDISWAL, as I have learned too many ways of exploiting popcorn to ever think turning them to stone a good idea. Which worries me, as the "turn to stone effect" doesn't really do anything, and is more of a price for the other half of the spell, and the other half sort of takes a full inventory of stuff to really pay off in a meaningfull manner. Not exactly sure what's the deal, but I've been using it less and less.

I agree on the HALPMEH toughts - balancing it would be tough because of small numbers, but as it is its just too versatile. Too cheap, too synergistic with resists, too removes poison, too much better than fireball, yadda yadda.

Cydstep - is not actually bad now. Free death protection every time you level up is quite a strong and rare effect. It's what you get wrom a viciuos unlock, and the starting item that gives you a death protection is the most expensive one. I'd say it's still quite good with damage dealers in the later stages of the dungeon, especially if you saved popcorn for a mid fight level up - especially if combined with the Reflex and Dodge potions, either prepped or acquired from TT. It's probably the only reliable way to beat the Demonic Library right now, untill they nerf it.

And an Orc PISSORF wizard is really, really good.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby harfatum on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:46 pm

One thing I would note about the races is that with the non-potion races, you want to convert asap in order to maximize the time you get your extra ATK, HP, etc - but with potionmakers you can wait forever, cause you're not going to be running out of potions before the boss. This makes them require less thought.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby xspeedballx on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Hmm that is an excellent point and something I will roll into my greater thoughts on conversion and such later. Though I am not positive it is less thought, but different thought, because now you have to be more careful about what you pick up and leave on the ground when you are carefully converting. Really though lately with the changes in spells and more general use from some of them, I find myself delaying conversion over all a lot more.
xspeedballx

Postby Gorgon on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:50 pm

Gorgon

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:51 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:24 pm

Hilarious you guys brought this up because I found an invincible strat with this. And it doesn't involve mana leak! Just pwned The Avatar. Orc, Rock Heart, decked preps, gold for extra conversion etc. You need PISORF and ENDISWALL/Binlor's Altar. Buy a Crystal Ball. You get mana from the ball and use a mana with the spell. I killed all 5 bosses and that's it. For the Avatar, I bought an extra strength, Whupazed, drank my strength and used Crystal Ball to max mana. To kill him push him through all th walls within 1 tile of the edge and use crystal ball/potions to cover 3 tile ga ps between the walls. Then once those are done push him through an entire outside row. If he's not dead use potions and BURNDAYRAZ to finish him. The extra strength/Whupaz were unnecessary too!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:28 pm

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:26 am

Namtar will go down pretty easy too, but Matron has no walls and Naga City will screw you over with Goo man and SMM. And I'm assuming that the walls restore themselves.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:29 am

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:32 am

And if you bought a crystal ball it would be 1 mp for 25% of base v. matron. If you Whupazed and re-stengthed it might be viable, though you'll need to use mystera to pump mana beforehand, and you'll also have to melee a little bit (But with the extra strength potion it will be great for a kill shot).

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons