[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Here be goats!

Here be goats!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Here be goats!

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:57 am

Well they obviously want them tested, no?

I'm still not doing it untill they fix the potions and shops thing, but I'd be happy to test them out after that. Or in fact, just test them without taking the quests, I was going to do it on the last profile anyway.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Abraxas on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:01 am

Speaking of complicated tasks, pt. 6 got slightly easier since the bosses got nerfed, and it's a cakewalk if you happen to get a shop with zombie dog.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:06 am

Lujo

Postby Abraxas on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:12 am

Well, as soon as I saw the zombie dog I knew that it was only significantly relevant for priests, but I didn't attempt the quest thinking of scumming for it. I just got lucky to get it on my first run.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:16 am

Lujo

Postby Abraxas on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:23 am

I have to agree, the zombie dog definitely strikes me as the weirdest change in this update. There are very few uses for zombification for anyone who isn't a priest (I can't really think of any other positive effects besides getting an extra lower level kill with GG without losing piety), and for priests it only encourages scumming, specially since it isn't an item you can prepare reliably. (I'm not even sure if it's lockerable, truth be told)

Maybe I'm missing something.
Abraxas

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:31 am

It's been argued a couple of times before in the "what's up with Zombies and AA's kicking so much ass" threads, and there were a few around at one point, when people were struggling to unlock the Half-Dragon - the undead status has slowly turned into a straight buff to monsters in many situations. Maybe they wanted to see if there were any where we wanted to actually have an undead to fight, like the one in Magma Mines.

The priest was also unpoplar I guess, so maybe they needed a way to incite people to try him out more, and I have to say, +100% damage against any boss sure is tempting. If it was consumable for a death protection on top of the Zombification for the next hit, and lockerable, It'd be a sweet no brainer for Priests right untill the point they nerf it :D

But you could actually hit the boss right away, and then go build up levels to fight him.

EDIT: And shame it's in the same pool with Soul Orb, at least untill they do something about HALPMEH and the flood of mana burning bosses. If it was a starting item consumable for a death protection and a zombification on the next hit, (with some sort of price and conversion rate, ofc), It'd be really good (possibly too good).
Last edited by Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lujo

Postby Halion on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:34 am

When I got my zombie dog from the quest it offered to let me locker it. The prep cost was 2. I declined.
Halion

Postby Abraxas on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:41 am

As a preparation I don't think it would work very well, unless you're willing to scum for either the death protection medal or cydstep, and you still need to hope that you can find the boss quickly before striking anything else, which is probably more trouble than scumming for the dog itself.
It could give you a higher level kill while you're still level 1, but there are many other preparations that would likely be better on the long run.
Abraxas

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:49 am

What I ment was if it was a consumable which gave you a death protection (and it used to be just that in Alpha), and a teporary zombification buff to your next attack, instead of what it is now.

And if god another subdungeon: A bunch of trees with a warlock in the middle. Anyone knows what it does? I found it in Magma Mines. He's asking for a donetion to the temple, and calls it "Tree of knowlegde". I gave him 5 gold (had 11) he gave me a temporary 50% more ex IMAWAL buff. Well, it sure helps with the area, fighting stuff upwards was hard here.
Last edited by Lujo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons