[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Ask QCF a question

Ask QCF a question

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Ask QCF a question

Postby SmackleFunky on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:02 am

How many Exclusive Editions where available?
SmackleFunky

Postby Aequitas on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:23 am

Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby flap on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:28 pm

flap

Trasnfer preorders to Steam?

Postby frobnic8 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:47 pm

I noticed you mentioned eventual Steam release in the FAQ. As someone who always loses his precious, precious activation keys/full installers, will it be possible to activate pre-orders on Steam?

(Since, you know, the game isn't even out yet and the most important detail you guys should be worrying about right now is future potential integration with a third party distribution platform.)
frobnic8

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:44 pm

Is the extra class in the special edition the same as the one in the freeware version?

Will the additional content in the special edition be available through any other means later? I've read the explanation for it but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If however the access to the content can be gotten later I might be more accepting of it.
TigerKnee

Postby zeemeerman2 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:16 pm

I haven't seen much of the actual kingdom system.
WIll the non-dungeon screens feature a world map, like in Super Mario World, a text-based menu, like the freeware Desktop Dungeons, a graphical selection screen like in Purble Place (which comes standard on Vista, like Minesweeper and Solitaire) or a free-roaming world, like the Zelda and Final Fantasy world maps?

Examples:
Super Mario World - Tile-based movement system

Desktop Dungeons Freeware - Click on a button

Purble Place - click on the one of the buildings to go to a next menu

Zelda: Twilight Princess - A place that connects all levels/dungeons together
zeemeerman2

Postby Herborist on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:10 pm

One thing (probably the only thing) I didn't like about the freeware version is that it forced you to switch between classes over and over to complete all of the content. Will the Unity version be similar, or will we be able to stick with our favorite classes and still enjoy the game?

In other words, will I have fun going through the game's dungeon content with just the wizard, for example, or will I have to try each character class in order to fully enjoy the game? I was hoping the kingdom signaled a shift toward a Rogue-like and away from purely a puzzle game in the guise of a rogue-like.
Herborist

Postby Drew on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:35 pm

Why doesnt the changeling count towards unlocking stuff like shops?
Drew

Postby dislekcia on Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:46 am

dislekcia

Postby HenryVIIII on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:38 am

1. This is a somewhat petty question in the end, but will the game support more than one resolution setting? It seems quite a few indie games lately have been sticking to 800 x 600 and nothing else.
2. Will there be different difficulty modes or is that something that will be handled more through player decisions through their use of races, gods, and glyphs?
3. If there is any need for you to update the game as you did in the freeware version (say, with a new class or a new dungeon type), will you use Steam's auto-patching to make these kinds of updates available to us in the paid version as well?
4. What will the proportion of "beginner" dungeons to "veteran" dungeons be? Is there a 50/50 split or is one type overpowering the other? If any one type is more dominant, I'd personally prefer the veteran dungeons.
5. Do we have any idea of a release window yet or is that something we'll learn at E3?
6. Sorry for so many questions, but this is one of my very most anticipated games of the year. Kudos to all. :D
HenryVIIII

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons