[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Unofficial Balance Suggestions Thread

Unofficial Balance Suggestions Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Unofficial Balance Suggestions Thread

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:54 am

Hmmm.... just throwing craziness out off the top of my head:

Stoneform (80 piety)
Immune to Mana Burn, Poison
Passive regeneration permanently disabled
IMAWAL costs 0 mana to cast
Every time you petrify a monster (bloodless enemies - ie plants - do not count) you gain 20% of your max mana and max HP back, and gain a permanent +1 bonus to base attack.
Darvin

Postby xspeedballx on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm

While responding to the question about slow a minute ago something occured to me. Slow is a neat effect. The game needs "slowstrike". I think earthmother should provide this. All of your hits cause slow. The first hit would obviously not be slowed so you don't just gain first strike and will always take a least one hit, and depending on order of operations monster effects may trigger at least once. However, I think that is a nice trade off for an otherwise nifty ability.

I do realize however that this might step on the toes a bit of tikki tooki's ability, which is exactly why I think the slow should trigger last, so you don't get bonus xp on popcorn.
xspeedballx

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Well, that would have to replace Entanglement, which is already an inexpensive way to slow everything on screen. They'd overlap too much to have them both.

Personally, I'd like to see all of Taurog's equipment get special effects rather than just being boring stats boosters, and that's where I'd put slow strike if anywhere.
Darvin

Postby xspeedballx on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Well replacing entanglement is exactly what I thought actually. Slowing things "on the screen" has deficiencies in vicious dungeons.

As for Taurog, hmm I think taurog needs something mostly because I feel he got a raw deal losing his 20% boots. However I kind of like that he is unsubtle. Adding slow strike feels out of flavor. I plan a write up on gods probably after the next patch. Not that my words have some great weight but I think/hope to spawn discussion.
xspeedballx

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:23 pm

Yeah, I can't wait to here your opinions. They're actually quite insightful.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:46 am

Well, I cant remember right now, but is there a monster that slows you?

If not it would be a nasty monster :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:36 am

There isn't, but that could be a cool edition.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:36 am

There is no such monster, but seeing as slow could be discharged just by attacking some popcorn I'd imagine this would be just a weaker version of first strike.
Darvin

Postby Fran on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:51 am

Is being slow that much of an disadvanteg for the player?
That technically means you attack last for one attack, but that's already the case when the monster has a higher/the same level.
This would be bad for Rogues and Assassins but apart from that, it couldn't even cancel GETINDARE because the first strike would apply before you are hit to get slow in the first place. Also, it only matters for the last strike when exchaning blows.
Am I missing something?
Fran

Postby Gorgon on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:07 pm

Gorgon

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons