[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Thoughts on new Vicious Halls of Steel

Thoughts on new Vicious Halls of Steel

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Thoughts on new Vicious Halls of Steel

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

I had completely forgotten about boost health! I usually make it to level 8 (104 hp) leaving me barely short. But what about the guards? Can you defeat them without CYDSTEPP?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:41 pm

You can get through without exhausting too many resources. Especially if you have the Soul Orb, I wouldn't worry too much about her guards. A fully-decked JJ Gnome Warlord should be positively nightmarish by this point. If you really just want to get by without expending anything, the LEMMISI/WEYTWUT or IMAWAL/ENDISWAL combo are the way to go.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:26 pm

The problem is I'm level 8 at the time, and no tiles. Due to the freaking huge amount of mana I have to regen.

Anyways, I'll get it soon. I just have no idea on the third win. I guess a JJ gnome rogue using the above strategy. Especially since you can 2 shot the guards.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:27 pm

I've been talking about this dungeon being rather unbeatable for a while now, ever since everyine started making "minimalist" profiles. Minimalist Vampire profiles to be exact. It's the only thing in the game I haven't beaten on the "monk is ridiculous" one. Well, i did beat it with the monk, with just HALPMEH and the knockback mace - easily, but he got nerfed in the meantime.

It's hader than the new Gaan'Telet, as the New Gaantelet is just the old Gaan'Telet with a couple of more pieces to the pullze. Vicious Halls of Steel is THE hardest dungeon in the game as far as I'm coccerned.

Paladin could also do it, most probably, with enough resists and a knockback mace.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Gorgon on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:52 pm

I don't think killing 5 lvl 10 Animated Armors with 2x The Indomitable's attack damage and then having to kill 5 Resist-down slimes is easier than Halls of Steel...
Gorgon

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 am

Darvin

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:51 am

RE: dragon isles

Can I ask why you are not just using a berserker for a third kill? I just did a horribly unoptimal run at it and failed one hit away from kill the boss as a orc zerker.

Any number of improvements could have lead to a win: if I was a triling, if I had level 3 witch(whupaz would = guarantee but even having reflex/quicksilver prep would have), if I literally hadn't wasted 3 less tiles.

I prepped fine sword, +2 sword, health->damage, scout altar, shop scroll, 50g, burn salve and compression seal. Got GG, killed 2 level 2's, a level 3, absolution, humility, killed targets level 2-3 above me until level 7, switched to tt, slaughtered popcorn, got poison kill first born, leveled up once killing the dragons on the way to matron. If I had a little more damage(tri-ling instead of finesword/orc) I would have spent less resources on the hallway.
xspeedballx

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:32 am

Darvin

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:33 am

My mistake, I missed that :( Yah MA/JJ really doesn't do much for him.

Though winning as a MA/JJ berzerker would be hilarious.
xspeedballx

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:55 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons